Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

How to make a folder online only (Basic user)

New member | Level 2

Hello! I am hopeful that someone here has a good suggestion for me. 

Several years ago, I was in a temporary leadership position, and from my personal account created a folder to be shared by a number of people. A couple years ago, we filled the position permanently, and I resumed my role as a normal team member. I am still the owner of this folder, and though my participation is very minimal, this folder is taking a large percentage of my allotted space.

Is there a way that I can have this folder be accessible to me only via the webpage, so that it is not taking my allotment? I still need access, so I cannot drop my connection entirely.

Thanks!

Don

1 Reply

Re: How to make a folder online only (Basic user)

Dropboxer

Hey there @don_johnson,

From what you mentioned, I'm assuming that you're referring to the folder taking space on your computer, is that right?

If so, then you can use selective sync to remove the folder from your computer and you can access it from the website instead.

I hope this helps - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How to make a folder online only (Basic user)
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post