cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to permanently disable confirmation prompt for file deletion on all devices

How to permanently disable confirmation prompt for file deletion on all devices

Simone11
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

we have dropbox api integrated to our application and recently we have started facing issues where our application cannot pull/delete data from dropbox folder unless we accept the confirmation promte d us. This has become annoying since we get the confirmation box each time we sync and delete data from a perticular folder. No luck even if we select option "Don't ask me again", the prompt appears again in sometime.

Please guide me through this so that we can permanently get rid of prompted option/confirmation box since this is giving lots of issues in our application

Please look into this as this is the priority since our clients are facing issue using the application.

12 Replies 12

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Simone11, from what I understand, you’re referring to the notification mentioned in this thread, is that right?

If so, as a first step, could you please send me a screenshot (excluding personal info) of what your Dropbox icon reads when you hover over it when you see this notification pop up? 

Thanks in advance! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Simone11
Explorer | Level 4

Hello @Lusil,

If you are looking for version number of the dropbox we are using latest v64.4.141.

Also, none of the clients are having beta versions installed.

we have also tried steps in system preferences of mac and dropbox app preferences to hide/disable notification option. none of the steps works.

Please reach out to us ASAP

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
No problem, @Simone11

As mentioned previously, I’ve gone ahead and sent you an email directly to the email address associated with your Forum profile, so please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Cheers! :grinning:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

wilkerlucio
Explorer | Level 3

I also have the same issue, I'm doing some cleanup and organization in my dropbox, having that dialog every time I delete a file is very frustrating, is there a way to stop it (and just let me delete my stuff, that's why we have the trash bin in Dropbox right?)?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey @wilkerlucio, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

Could you send me a screenshot of the prompt you're seeing, just to make sure that we're on the same page?

Are you clearing out files directly through the desktop app or your local Finder/File Explorer?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

wilkerlucio
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, sure, here is a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 10.22.38.png

I'm deleting the files from Mac OS Big Sur Finder. I would love to disable this confirmation modal completely.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for your swift reply, @wilkerlucio.

Although there's no option to currently disable this notification completely, thanks for sharing your thoughts on it with us. 

If you have any other ideas or comments for us in the future, don't hesitate to give us another shout. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely day ahead of you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

DrTeeter
Helpful | Level 5

Seriously? We have to live with this? I went for years without this annoyance. Why is it happening now, and why can't you just add a checkbox to opt out of getting it?

robhfs
Explorer | Level 4

I agree, I have to delete lots of files every day for work and this is very tedious. should be a simple change to disable this.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

wilkerlucio Explorer | Level 3
    reil86 Explorer | Level 4
    MrBrillo New member | Level 2
    robhfs Explorer | Level 4
    DrTeeter Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?