Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

How to stop a download sync from DB to your Mac ?

New member | Level 2

Hi there!

I currently have 11,000GB on our dropbox which my company works off. We sync files from our DB to our computers (then make online only after we have finished with it).

Currently, something has happened and dropbox is trying to sync all 11,000GB of files to my computer however it pauses syncing due to no space available. I try to pause syncing and select "online only" to all files so that it doesn't sync - but I can not stop an active sync. I try to exit dropbox but it just resumes syncing when I open it back up.

Is there a way to completely stop an active download sync from DB to your Mac? I can not just remove 11,000GB of files to fix the issue. There needs to be a "STOP" or "CANCEL" sync button instead of just pause and resume. 

I also have Smart Sync enabled with Online only.

Please let me know how I can fix!
Cheers

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: How to stop a download sync from DB to your Mac

Dropboxer

Thank you for reaching out and for your feedback @Lion2

Pausing or stopping syncing, will not really help. The Dropbox desktop application, needs to continue syncing to solve this issue for you. Since you have set your Smart Sync settings to "online only" already, you can try applying Selective Sync settings as well.  

Smart Sync and Selective Sync work like a charm together, so no worries. It might take some time to sync but when it does, the Dropbox files will not be an issue for your Hard drive. White check mark

Note pushpin Don't forget to adjust your bandwidth settings Dropbox uses to sync faster. 

Let me know how this goes!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How to stop a download sync from DB to your Mac ?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post