Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

How to view deleted files in a list

Helpful | Level 5

Hi, all

How one can view all deleted files in a list?

I can click "Deleted files" on the left, and see something like "%filename and And 141 more files" deleted 8 minutes ago.

If I click on the text, I get a window with the file name and again "And 141 more files." 

How can I know what are these "141 more files"?

The feature seems useless in this implementation. 
Is there any way to see the list of deleted files?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

R

14 Replies

Re: How to view deleted files in a list

Star Collaborator | Level 19

Hi @Wrangler,

Did you try изображение.png in right pane in "Files" view? Usually all files are viewable, including deleted and still available in the storage. thinking face

Hope this helps.

Helpful | Level 5

It happens if you know in which folder the deleted file is located. But 141 deleted files are spread all over the folder structure. The necessity is to see them in a single list. 

Star Collaborator | Level 19

Oh.. In such a case workaround could be show deleted files in batches using filter criterias, suitable in your case (different timespans for example). winking face

Helpful | Level 5

I've tried this idea already. Time-based batch is unseparable, like "deleted 8 minutes ago". Using the file structure is virtually impossible, since these "141 deleted files" are scattered all over the hierarchical tree. 
So it goes... :( 

Dropboxer

Hey @Wrangler,

You should be able to see a full list of the deletions by clicking on the "deleted 'example' and 140 more files". Can you try checking your Events page here and click the appropriate event, which should show you a list of the deletions.

If this doesn't work as expected then please try using a different web browser, an incognito/private window and even clearing the browser's cache to see if that does the trick.

Let us know how it goes - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

I should but I couldn't ))
The 141 files are just a line of text.

Image 1.jpg

"Events page" is a perculiar thing. Firstly, I've come across it by chance. I've never seen it in the menu or manuals. Secondly, it's still difficult, sometimes impossible to use it to determine which file was deleted. a) it means a manual search for every of 141 files b) some discriptions on the events page is incomprehensible like license.txt. Where was this file? In which folder? Way too ambiguous. 
Image 3.jpg

Anyway, the events page is the closest thing. Is it documented anywhere? 

Best! 
Roman

Super User II

@Wrangler wrote:

Anyway, the events page is the closest thing. Is it documented anywhere? 

Not anymore, and the link to it was removed from the main navigation panel.

From here: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/new-website

The Events page (Events log) has been replaced by the Activity tab on individual files and folders.

Dropboxer

Hey @Wrangler,

Were you able to test this out on another web browser, in incognito and after clearing the browser's cache too as previously suggested?

Let me know and we can look into this further - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

Dear @Daphne 

Yes. I tested on Chrome, Chrome in incognito mode, Chrome with cleared cache and Firefox. The behaviour is the same: 141 deleted files are shown as a single line. Btw, something about 95 files are shown separately. It seems there is some limit.

Roman

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How to view deleted files in a list
14 Replies
1 Like
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post