cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I Can not link my Yahoo mail to dropbox

I Can not link my Yahoo mail to Dropbox

GARYR1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I Can not link my Yahoo mail to dropbox . Yahoo have removed the upside down v (next to the Attachment icon)  that gave the option to Share from Dropbox . Does Dropbox now not support Yahoo mail or am I doing something wrong.

Thank you for any help.

20 Replies 20

Invader_ZIM
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@Rich wrote:

@Invader_ZIM wrote:

Although Walter's right that this is really a question for Yahoo!, not Dropbox, how frustrating that they won't acknowledge that this is obviously a problem tons of people are experiencing.

Because it's not their problem to acknowledge. They can't do anything to resolve it as the problem is with Yahoo.

In part you're just repeating what I said, but my point is that the refusal to look at the other reports of the problem the OP pointed to, along with "I haven't seen any similar reports lately from our users" smacks of willful blindness to the problem. Whether it's theirs to fix or not is a different issue, which I already addressed.

If you click on Settings in the Yahoo! Mail interface and then "Switch to classic Mail" (at the bottom), the old UI still has the drop-down arrow next to the paperclip attachment button that allows you to select "Share files from cloud providers", and then Dropbox.

And that just solidifies that this is something that Yahoo has to resolve. Obviously they have removed the feature from the new interface (or simply haven't included it yet) as there's no way to select files from ANY cloud service. The service, as originally designed, still works without a problem, so not a Dropbox issue.

No, that's not "obvious" at all. The "new" interface was introduced in 2017, and used to have the option to include cloud attachments. And yes, it's already been established several times that the OP should be asking Yahoo! about this, not Dropbox, but as Dropbox benefits from their partnership with Yahoo! to allow larger attachments, it stands to reason that they may want to know that Yahoo! has seemingly eliminated it, at least for some large portion of users.

vickyelynn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox was working fine with Yahoo until AT&T took over my email which was sbcglobal.net.  I went through a headache with AT&T to even get to my email and now that is fixed but I cannot sync my dropbox to my email to send picture attachments.  How can I do that?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

What seems to be the issue exactly @vickyelynn? Could you share a screenshot of what's not working for you and the steps you take to do it so that I can get a better understanding of the matter at hand?

While we're at it, are you using the desktop app, our mobile application or just the website to access your Dropbox account and files? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Henny1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've watched several videos and tried all of the suggestions here, and I still can't find any way to link my Yahoo Mail account with my Dropbox account.

When I try to send an attachment, it lets me choose Dropbox but when I click on the file that I want to send it says that it exceeds the 25MB attachment limit.

Going on almost an hour, and I still can't find a way to send this file.

Jeremy

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear that Jeremy (@Henny1) - have you tried downloading the file locally to your device and then attach it to your email(s) from there? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

browntbdd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

neither classic or new gives me a way to limk to my dropbox

The file is almost double the 25MB limit

browntbdd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i followed the directions and deleted yahoo
When i went to reconnect- there is no yahoo to connect?

What do I do?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Unfortunately, you're no longer able to link your Dropbox account with Yahoo Mail @browntbdd.

More info on this can be found here:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/yahoo-mail

I hope this clears things up and welcome to our Community. Let me know if you come up with any additional questions. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

MiguelCura
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
yahoo can no longer link with dropbox I still don't know why but it makes me very sad ...: - /
https://help.dropbox.com/us-us/installs-integrations/desktop/yahoo-mail

browntbdd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am on classic

- Dropbox is not allowed to interact

Need more support?