cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Can not link my Yahoo mail to Dropbox

I Can not link my Yahoo mail to Dropbox

GARYR1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I Can not link my Yahoo mail to dropbox . Yahoo have removed the upside down v (next to the Attachment icon)  that gave the option to Share from Dropbox . Does Dropbox now not support Yahoo mail or am I doing something wrong.

Thank you for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Invader_ZIM
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Although Walter's right that this is really a question for Yahoo!, not Dropbox, how frustrating that they won't acknowledge that this is obviously a problem tons of people are experiencing.  I found a workaround, however.  If you click on Settings in the Yahoo! Mail interface and then "Switch to classic Mail" (at the bottom), the old UI still has the drop-down arrow next to the paperclip attachment button that allows you to select "Share files from cloud providers", and then Dropbox.

Not a good permanent solution, since Yahoo! shows a warning that the classic interface will be going away at some point, but for now it works.  I wonder if they've intentionally removed the cloud attachments feature from the new UI, or if it's just not appearing currently (at least for U.S. users??) due to a bug.

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @GARYR1 - sorry to hear about this.

Can you try doing this on another browser, an incognito window and/or after having cleared your browser's cache

Do you notice the same behavior? If you do, could you provide a screenshot of the problem so I can get a better understanding of the matter at hand and provide you with the most appropriate information? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

GARYR1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

dropbox1.jpg  I have tried with different browser Google chrome and cleared my browser cache. If you look at this youtibe video and the comments people are saying the upsode down link has been removed.  

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the screenshot and the additional information Gary - much appreciated!

Could you please try to unlink your Dropbox account from your Yahoo mail and re-link it as per the instructions from the page below and let me know if you're still not getting an option to attach your Dropbox files through your Yahoo mail directly? 

https://www.dropbox.com/help/sign-in/yahoo-mail

If possible, please try this on a incognito window without any extensions running (to exclude the possibility of a browser extension or plugin causing this. 

To unlink your Dropbox account from Yahoo Mail:

1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
  2. Click your avatar (profile picture).
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click the Connected apps tab.
  5. Click Disconnect to the right of your linked Yahoo! Mail account.

From that point you'll need to connect your Yahoo! Mail to your Dropbox account anew. 

To link your Dropbox to Yahoo Mail:

1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
  2. Click your avatar (profile picture).
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click the Connected apps tab.
  5. Under Contact Services, click Connect to your Yahoo! Mail account.

Note: Yahoo doesn't get access to any of the data in your Dropbox unless you specifically pick files to attach to your email. 

Let me know how this goes @GARYR1

Walter
dropbox.com/support

GARYR1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have followed your instruction , sadly no upside down v to give the option for Dropbox.

Can you please look at the Youtube video link I posted on my last reply and please look at the replies from the general public about the Youtube video saying the upside down v linking Dropbox to Yahoo mail is no longer there.

Are you based in the UK ?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear this persists for you Gary - may I reach out to your Dropbox associated email address so we can have a better look into this with all of my tools available as I might need to bring this to an expert's attention?  

If you'd like to do it from your end, just log a ticket with our team and let me know the ticket ID so I can locate it on our system and get on it. 

I guess you're seeing the Yahoo! Mail as connected under your connected apps tab on your account settings at the moment; right @GARYR1?  

Walter
dropbox.com/support

GARYR1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I give up . The Youtube video link I sent you with the replies on that video explains the upside down v is no longer shown when you compose a email with Yahoo.

Please look at that video.

Dropbox has a massive problem now with Yahoo linking accounts.

I have shown you through screen shots , links to Youtube videos , I asked where you are based ( With no reply )

I will delete my account with Dropbox .

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm not allowed to disclose any personal information Gary (and to be honest I don't see how my location would affect anything for that matter). 

Sorry to hear you feel this way - I wish I could help more than this but, as mentioned, I'd need to have access to all of my tools to look into this and to do that we'd need to go through the email route - in this way I'll be able to send your request to the appropriate department (if needed after all.) 

I understand that this is not optimal for you but I haven't seen any similar reports lately from our users in regards to connecting their Yahoo! Mail accounts with Dropbox or attaching files directly from their emails.

Have you by tried, by any chance, asking Yahoo directly why you don't see the additional option when attaching files from within your email directly? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Invader_ZIM
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Although Walter's right that this is really a question for Yahoo!, not Dropbox, how frustrating that they won't acknowledge that this is obviously a problem tons of people are experiencing.  I found a workaround, however.  If you click on Settings in the Yahoo! Mail interface and then "Switch to classic Mail" (at the bottom), the old UI still has the drop-down arrow next to the paperclip attachment button that allows you to select "Share files from cloud providers", and then Dropbox.

Not a good permanent solution, since Yahoo! shows a warning that the classic interface will be going away at some point, but for now it works.  I wonder if they've intentionally removed the cloud attachments feature from the new UI, or if it's just not appearing currently (at least for U.S. users??) due to a bug.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Invader_ZIM wrote:

Although Walter's right that this is really a question for Yahoo!, not Dropbox, how frustrating that they won't acknowledge that this is obviously a problem tons of people are experiencing.

Because it's not their problem to acknowledge. They can't do anything to resolve it as the problem is with Yahoo.

If you click on Settings in the Yahoo! Mail interface and then "Switch to classic Mail" (at the bottom), the old UI still has the drop-down arrow next to the paperclip attachment button that allows you to select "Share files from cloud providers", and then Dropbox.

And that just solidifies that this is something that Yahoo has to resolve. Obviously they have removed the feature from the new interface (or simply haven't included it yet) as there's no way to select files from ANY cloud service. The service, as originally designed, still works without a problem, so not a Dropbox issue.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

GeeEmm New member | Level 2
    browntbdd New member | Level 2
    MiguelCura Helpful | Level 6
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?