cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I am using dropbox using windows xp professional operating system. Today it is not working!

I am using dropbox using windows xp professional operating system. Today it is not working!

pantonfototrend
Explorer | Level 3

i have been using dropbox for over 3 years but today it is not even opening the /home page... i use windows xp professional operating system on my computers. I have noticed , for the past year or so, banner announcements on my dropbox files & folders page that say xp is not being supported... but dropbox has operated fine. Please help as dropbox is integral to my freelance work. Thank you. 9 July 2019.

20 Replies 20

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey there @pantonfototrend

At first, if you’re referring to the desktop app, please note that it stopped supporting Windows XP in August 2016. You can find a list of currently supported Windows OS version in this article

If you’d like to ensure the Windows OS’s version though, just follow the steps outlined in this link

However, if you’re referring to the website though, you should be able to access your Dropbox account from the website if you're using a supported browser.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

pantonfototrend
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil

If it stopped supporting xp back in 2016 why have i been able to use dropbox successfully all the way up to today?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
I’m afraid I can’t explain why your desktop app continued to sync up till now. The only thing I can think of is to double-check that your device’s OS is indeed Windows XP.

If you find that it is:
  • Windows XP, unfortunately, there’s not much I can do to assist as it’s not supported. 
  • A different OS that we support, don’t hesitate to get back to me with any additional info. 
Let me know what you find, @pantonfototrend!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

SLJ1
Helpful | Level 6
Same here. Can't get to my files. I've been using drop box online i.e. not syncing. But now I can't get in...

pantonfototrend
Explorer | Level 3

It is definitely Windows XP that is the problem. Once I used my laptop with Windows 10 it worked fine. So, solution is to convert to Windows 7 or above.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern in the end, @pantonfototrend

If you have any other questions, just give us a shout. 

@SLJ1, could you please elaborate on the behavior or/and error that you’re seeing? 

Could you also check if you’re using a supported browser to navigate to your Dropbox?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

SLJ1
Helpful | Level 6

Hi

I'm using Chrome, which is one of the supported browsers. It has worked perfectly well up until about a week ago. Ie I was able to use dropbox online and manually upload / download files. I could also see what documents I had in dropbox and move them around. Now however there is nothing. I cannot get in. When I click on dropbox the little 'loading icon' just goes round and round and round and round. And the screen stays blank.

Thanks

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for getting back to me, @SLJ1

Hmm. :thinking: Have you by any chance tried another browser or an incognito window? 

Also, I’d recommend ensuring that you’re not running any third party browser extensions and, as a final attempt, try clearing the cache - maybe that will do the trick. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

SLJ1
Helpful | Level 6

Hi again and thanks for the support. I cleared the cache and now the little arrow doesn't go round. the screen just sits there, blank. I havent' tried any other browser or incognito window since i never used them before when dropbox worked. Anyway....I suppose that it has just been 'improved' out of reach. sigh.

meanwhile using chrome on android, i seem unable to upload a file to dropbox. but at least i can download what is already there so I haven't lost all my documents. yet. although that waits to be confirmed as dropbox might 'develop' further 'improvements'! if it works why 'fix' it? lol

Need more support?