cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I can't save files in my Dropbox folder

I can't save files in my Dropbox folder

carlosgap5
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Since last week, while working on office, or autocad, or anything, i cant save files to dropbox folder. It gives a message that the file dont existe (if the file is new) or if it was existent it says that canĀ“t acess the file. What is weard is that the name of the file in this message is different than the name itself.

Then a go and save it outside dropbox it works normally. If i copy, i can normally past into dropbox folder, i can even replace to the older file.

Spent a few hours working around trying to see if there was any permissions related to it , but nothing...

Have been receiving messages from dropbox about my space, wich i have still 2gb empty, could it be related to that? 

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

carlosgap5
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

just discovered that the latest windows 10 update was causing the issue.

uninstalled the update from 14february,  wich is KB4524244, fixed the problem

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @carlosgap5, thanks for reaching out to us about this. 

It doesn't sound like it's related to your Dropbox account's storage, but let's have a look into this behavior and see what we can find. 

As a first step, could you let me know the following pieces of info:

• When you receive that error message, what do you see when you hover over your Dropbox icon (that's next to your computer's clock)? Is it up to date or syncing?
  • Could you also send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of an example/test file that you receive this error for? 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

carlosgap5
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

No the icon stays fixed as not syncing...

Attached is the prt screen, sorry it is in portuguese, but its saying that cant acess the file, and if you look it into de path, the name of the file is a number... it is not office related i think cause lets say autocad is same, however paint, now trying the edit the prt screen that was gonna sent you, saved normally...Captura de tela 2020-02-22 12.40.23.png

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Temporarily close the Dropbox application or pause syncing, then try to save a file in the Dropbox folder again. What happens?

carlosgap5
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

if pause syncing same message...

however closing the application and then restarting windows explorer, it saved normally...

carlosgap5
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

just discovered that the latest windows 10 update was causing the issue.

uninstalled the update from 14february,  wich is KB4524244, fixed the problem

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @carlosgap5, and glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern in the end - awesome work! 

If anything else comes up in the future, don't hesitate to give us a shout. In the meantime, have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

carlosgap5
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The problem is back, no windows updates, and dont know waht to do....

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @carlosgap5, sorry to hear that the behavior is happening again. 

Out of curiosity, you mentioned in an earlier post that when you relaunched the application, you were able to save normally. 

Could you just clarify for me if you meant MS Excel or the Dropbox desktop app?

Thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

carlosgap5
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi @Lusil 

i meant dropbox...

And the behaviour is unstable... this morning it is saving normally

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    carlosgap5 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?