cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't see an option to delete photos from the Photos directory

I can't see an option to delete photos from the Photos directory

rlawrence2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Ok, read threads that say "Delete" is there and I still don't see it.  I do on the "Files" screen, but not the Photos directory.   Looking online in Firefox, I get NO option to delete a photo when selected.  Been this way since the "change".  So Dropbox is forcing us to use apps on our devices then to delete photo backups?  I use the web with my company computer to share and manage photos from my company phone.  I cannot put the apps on my company devices and need to be able to delete online.  Please advise. 

Attached photos of what I see.  no delete.JPGno delete2.JPGno delete3.JPG

25 Replies 25

Joel B.16
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

On the updated Photos page, I can't seem to figure out how to delete photos. I often scroll through there to look through all the new photos uploaded automatically from my phone. A lot of them aren't any good, and I'd like to delete them as I scroll through. I used to just delete them from there, but can't seem to figure that out now.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
You can no longer delete from the Photos page. You need to select a photo and choose View in folder. From there you can delete it.

jenuhbenna
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am trying to delete photos and they're saying I have to scroll through every photo I've ever taken after I've clicked on them and gone to the folder....so it displays on my screen and I THEN can delete? What is going on with this?!?

drumnpriest
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Clearly they are developing a complete paid photo solution otherwise why in the world would they remove features and torture the existing customer base like this ? As soon as they offer this new paid photo service they will get thousands of signups - and the ability to DELETE A SINGLE PHOTO WHILE LOOKING AT IT  will be one of the prime inducements to sign up -- #tryingtomakesenseoifitall

Smorss2011
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Wow, that is massively stupid!

Smorss2011
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How inelegant and clumsy. You need to hire a U/I person.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

As they've been slowly removing most photo-centric features over the last couple years, they likely don't care.

rlawrence2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Ok Dropbox you fixed it, sorta.  What they did was to allow you to click on the photo(s) in the photo view and then click "show in folder"; it then brings up a new window/tab with the photo(s) already clicked.  Before you had to search for that photo(s) and delete.  Now you just have to ass.u.me that they are all clicked if multiple photos were selected, or again... search and find. 

Dropbox, why not just put a "DELETE"! on the multiple and photos page??  What are you saiving by taking this feature away from the web solution that you had before?   Is it you need your software on every computer maybe? 

rlawrence2
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

No I do NOT accept this as "best answer".  Best answer and customer service is to provide a delete button on each photo and multiple photo pages. 

yoda
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

still dont know how to do it . the more photos you cant delete, the more memory you need, the more money they make ?   come on.....ad a delete button ..how hard can it be , we pay for good service . 

Need more support?