cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Highlighted

I can't see the files my cooleague updated. They don't sync to my computer.

New member | Level 2

Please help me out!!

Here is what happened.

I found that Dropbox of my computure that our company owns was has not been updated since last year

I checked and found that my computured was logged out from Dropbox for the last a couple of monbths

I just logged in today but still can not see the files updated from my collegues while I was logged out.

My question is how can I see those files on Dropbox in my compture or will be uploaded to Dropbox automatically or do I have to do something within my Dropbox page to make those viewable?

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: Cant browse the shared files

Dropboxer

Hi @Michinori. I am here to help!  woman superheroYour Dropbox should sync the updates. It should already report to be syncing since you re-linked it to your account. 

Does it? dividers Here is a help center article that can help you check

If it does report to be syncing, speed it up to have it "Up to date" sooner. 

Let me know how this goes. 

Thanks!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hi Fona

Thanks for letting me know.  I will wait then. I actully logged in from internet browser and this has to be done from Dropbox app on my PC. This might be a soltion as well Anyway, thanks much for your help!!!

Dropboxer

Hey @Michinori!, thanks for clarifying you are checking on Dropbox.com. 

If the changes are not online then we don't have a syncing issue. Everything is updated instantly on Dropbox.com.

If files are not showing there, probably the other end user has a syncing issue or has not shared the updated folders with you. Can you have them check the their syncing status and if they see the files on the website on their end, have them check the "share" button of their folders, to see if they have shared them with you? 

If they have, you can check your sharing tab to see if you missed thee are any shared folder you can add from there. Just hover over the folders and hit "Add". winking face

Let me know how this goes. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I can't see the files my cooleague updated. They don't sync to my computer.
3 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post