cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I created Albums on my android device, why can't I see them anywhere else?

I created Albums on my android device, why can't I see them anywhere else?

angelini1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have put about 3k photos in to albums on my mobile android.  It has obviously taken forever.  Now I have logged on to my pc to start a project to make photo books and I can't find the albums?!  This is a disaster...can anyone tell me where they would be in the ablum format.  They are just there in photos in time (ish) order!!

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there, @angelini1.

At the moment, viewing and creating Albums is only available on the android Dropbox app, this feature was removed back in 2017 from the desktop app and the web. 

If you want to view the album from the web, you could share the album from your mobile device to create a link, and opening this link on the web will allow to to view the files and download them if you need to.

Let me know if you have any other questions about this - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there, @angelini1.

At the moment, viewing and creating Albums is only available on the android Dropbox app, this feature was removed back in 2017 from the desktop app and the web. 

If you want to view the album from the web, you could share the album from your mobile device to create a link, and opening this link on the web will allow to to view the files and download them if you need to.

Let me know if you have any other questions about this - Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Kannan G.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I created an album using the Dropbox app on my Android phone last week.

I want to add another picture to that album using the Dropbox website.  I can't figure out how to do that.  I went to the Photos section and found the photo, but I don't know what to do from there.

There's an answer to this question from 2016: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Photos-videos/How-can-I-add-photos-to-an-album/m-p/199428#M7238.  However, that doesn't work for me -- when I right-click on the photo (in Firefox and Chrome), I get the browser context menu.  There's no "Add to album" option.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @Kannan G.,

Just to note, I’ve merged your post under this thread here as it pertains to the same question.

Unfortunately, Albums are currently only available on the Android mobile app and this feature was removed from the website in 2017. If you need to add photos to your albums, you will need to do this through the mobile app.

Hope this helps clarify the matter - Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Kannan G.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Let's say I want to share some photos with people such that:
- I can add/remove photos via the website and the mobile app.
- The receiver doesn't need a Dropbox account.
- The receiver can download the original file.
- The receiver sees a gallery view when they visit the link.

Is there a way to do that?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

In this case I can suggest using a folder instead to sort your photos. You’ll be able to see the folders within the mobile app and online and this will allow you to add, remove and move photos between the folders from any platform. 

To then share this with another person, you can use a shared link to the folder. The recipient won’t need a Dropbox account to see the content of the folder, and they will have the option to view and download selected content too.

In terms of a gallery view, I’m not sure exactly what it is you want to achieve there. When the link is opened the user will see the contents of the folder displayed, if they click on one of the photos to preview this, they can click the “<>” arrows in the bottom bar to easily switch between the photos. 

I’d recommend trying to create a link and opening this in an incognito/private window so you can see how the view would look if you’re not already familiar with this.

Let me know what you think - Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Paul12345
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am just starting to create albums on my Chromebook. I am concerned that this facility has been dropped from all platforms but Android. Is this the writing on the wall for the albums feature and will Dropbox be dropping them from Android as well? In other words, am I wasting my time creating albums that will soon be defunct?

simsickles
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I just tried using the workaround of sharing a link to the album but the link times out on every computer i try it on. 

i have just spent hours trying to categorise photos on my phone in the app which saves them in albsum. why is the app still doing this if the feature doesnt work on desktop. infuriating!!! 

any ideas of what to do now?

DarrienG
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

In addition to albums, sort by EXIF data is only available on Android (maybe iOS, I have no idea) too! Clearly the Android app is trying to replicate a gallery which I really like, but the experience is absolutely half baked. At the very least if there are no plans to add it to desktop, at least remove it from Android. It has been a terribly frustrating experience trying Dropbox out.

hox
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Wow. This is really horrible for me. I have years of trips organized into albums, thousands of photos. Actually this was the primary reason I went with dropbox. Is there no way to save or export this data?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

chasDSO Helpful | Level 5
    sheshe Explorer | Level 4
    hox New member | Level 2
    DarrienG New member | Level 2
    simsickles New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?