cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get an error "something went wrong" when trying to upload to a file request on iOS

I get an error "something went wrong" when trying to upload to a file request on iOS

DanielAird82
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I’m currently receiving an error when upload load via a file request link. Works fine on my iPad but not on 2 different iPhones. Error says “something went wrong. Please try sending your files again”

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Quick update, peeps: this should now be fixed!

Please let us know if anything comes up or if you have any other questions. 

Thanks everyone! :sunglasses:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

27 Replies 27

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @DanielAird82, let’s see if we can locate the culprit together; welcome to the Dropbox Community! 

For starters, is it possible that you’re hitting any of the error messages outlined here? Are you testing uploading to the same File Request or is it a different one causing you trouble? 

Could you include a step-by-step description of what led you to your current view in your next post, so as to see if I’m getting the same results on my end if I try to replicate the behavior?

Thanks in advance Daniel! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

DanielAird82
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi, I am getting the error “Something went wrong. Please try sending your files again.” I tried the trouble shooting steps for that error including clearing my cache, using a different browser and using private mode. I’ve tried 2 different iPhones which get the same error. My iPad works fine. I’ve also tried creating a new file request and that still gives the error. Uploads to about 50% and then fails. Same thing with different files as well. I have just been pasting the file request link into my browser then selecting the file I want to upload from my camera roll and then fill in my details and click upload.

DanielAird82
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I also get a servor error if I try and upload a file normally (without using a file request link) in a browser. It works fine if I use the app though.

adumbelluser
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

File requests on iOS simply say "Something went wrong. Please try sending your files again."

I've tried with Safari & Brave in both regular and private browsing mode.

I've tried on 2 different iPads and 1 iPhone.

I've tried on 2 different WiFi networks and a cell network.

I've tried creating a new file request link.

I am able to upload files fine to the same link, on the same networks with Android and Windows devices.

All iOS devices I have tried have the latest updates.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @adumbelluser

Welcome to the Dropbox Community! I'd be more than happy to help look into this. 

Initially, awesome work on the troubleshooting - definitely helps narrow down the behavior you're getting. 

Could you also let me know what kind of file type you're trying to add, as well as its size? 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

adumbelluser
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you!

The problem was discovered with a user's iPhone trying to upload relatively large image files. In the past this hasn't been an issue.

The files I am testing with are random screenshots in JPG format about 126 KB in size.

I've tried uploading them individually and as a group. Both ways fail.

adumbelluser
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I should also mention that in both the case of this user and my tests, the browser was not logged into a dropbox account.

swongfb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Unable to upload a file to a file request when accessing file request from iphone 7 mobile.

I've sent out a file request that is then accessed from a gmail app on an iphone. 

I am able to then see the file request, select a file for upload, but when I try to submit the file, Dropbox errors out saying: "Something went wrong. Please try sending your files again".

- Switching between Safari and Chrome browsers doesn't change anything. 

- I've switched between wifi networks and my phone data, but it doesn't resolve it.

- I've restarted my phone and tried accessing again.

- I've tried on both incogntio and normal regular mode.

I've tried the same file request on desktop and it successfully uploads the file.

Any idea why?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @swongfb - welcome to our Community!

At first, could you walk me through the exact step you take to do this and send me a screenshot of the error you get so I can investigate further?

In addition, could you try to request the desktop mode of your browser and try again?

Let me know what you find!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    thelonchair New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?