Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

yes

I get an error that my PDF has restricted content?

New member | Level 2

pdf editor tries to open my dropbox files but gives me an error that it s restricted content?  any suggestions on how to get my dropbox files accessible to pdf editor?

Thanks

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: pdf editor

Collaborator | Level 9

Hi tp72, 

Is this a file that someone else has shared with you? If it is due to permissions, you may need to save a copy of it to your local hard drive and edit the version that is on your computer. 

If it is your own file, is it possible that there are restrictions set on the file itself due to copyright settings or password restrictions? 

I would try to download a copy and edit from your computer, and try another PDF editor if available. There are some that are integrated with dropbox on the web as well.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I get an error that my PDF has restricted content?
1 Reply
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey