Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Highlighted

I had an issue with restoring. Any input?

New member | Level 2

Robot

5 Replies

Re: Deleted files sucks now

TKO New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Experiencing similar issue. My issue is that when my Camera Uploads page reloads after I delete a couple images, it checks/selects the box of everything preceding the area I was hovering over; however, I do not see it as the page does not reload to the top but at the same spot I deleted - hence all files that precede it are deleted. Which resulted in thousands of images being deleted. This has happened often. Why does Dropbox need to select all when it reloads? Makes no sense. To top it all off, the new Restore settings doesnt allow us to check restore for each document, it has to be the entire lump..which would be fine but it takes forever to load and it gives no indication to the progress/status of each file restored. If this is how it is, I'd prefer doing it manually one by one. At least then, I'd be able to see that it was actually restored. I'm still waiting on half of my images to be restored after clicking restore dozens of times. Even if it says "Restoration complete" ...it is still not complete. Help!

Dropboxer

Hey @TKO and @ptcampbell

I'd be glad to help you over with the restoration!

According to your description, you'd like to avoid using your Events page to bulk-restore your files, so it would be better to go to the Deleted Files on your account, if you'd like to do that for each individual file. 

Please keep in mind that you may need to load the webpage on an incognito window to avoid the delay you're experiencing as a first troubleshooting step. 

Could you please try that and let me know whether this helps you fix the issue? 

@ptcampbell thanks for taking the time to send in your feedback regarding the new user interface. Positive or negative, your opinion is extremely valuable as we are always looking for ways to improve. Please let me know if there's anything that you'd need help with and I'd be more than glad to help you over. 

Thanks, 

JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

TKO New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
@JaneA thanks for your reply. But I'm confused. I have been going to Deleted Files. And the only option to restore the mass deletion is to restore in bulk not individually. I never use the Events page. And when I use the Deleted Files Page, it'll say all files restored and then nothing shows up, theyre still in the Deleted Files tab.Deleted Files.jpg

TKO New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Finished restoring Files.jpg

Dropboxer

Hey @TKO,  

Thanks for the prompt reply and the screenshot! 

Based on the message you're getting, the file has been restored. If you search for the file in question on the 
Screenshot 2017-05-31 at 11.05.01 PM.png
 option on your account, does it come up? Is it grayed out or blue? 

Please let me know in your reply!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I had an issue with restoring. Any input?
5 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post