Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

I have a question about conflicted files. Any ideas?

New member | Level 2

I need help understanding how data is exchanged. The thing is, I put in dropbox the information base of our small store with two branches. The data sent from one device is synced to dropbox, but it doesn't appear in another device (gets stuck on the way as a conflicting file, taking up a lot of space on dropbox) can there be any solution: for example, automatic replacement of the newly arrived file with what is in dropbox

мне нужна помощь в понимании как происходит обмен данными. Дело в том, что  я поместил в dropbox информационную базу нашего маленького магазина с двумя филиалами. Данные, отправленные с одного девайса синхронизируются в dropbox, но в другом девайсе он не появляется (застревает по пути, как конфликтующий файл, занимая кучу места на dropbox) можно ли предусмотреть какое-либо решение: например автоматическое замещение вновь поступившим файлом того, что находится в dropbox

1 Reply

Re: auto-replacement

Super User II
Conflicted Copies occur if two people have the same file open at the same time and edit it. See https://www.dropbox.com/help/syncing-uploads/conflicted-copy for info on them.

There is no auto way to remove them. But this is because both have different things in them. Each file has the work from whoever opened them. So you need to manually merge the data out of the conflicted file before deleting it to avoid that persons work being lost when you delete it.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I have a question about conflicted files. Any ideas?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post