Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

I have a question about posting to a team account with plenty of space. Any ideas?

New member | Level 2

I am a parent that has taken a bunch of pictures for a sports team,  I am trying to post/share the team pictures in/on the team account. I was set to be able to edit on the team account however because the volume is larger thern my personal account will handle I am unable to share unless I upgrade.  How do I share without having to pay as the teams account has plenty of space?

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: posting to a team account

Dropboxer

Hello @micholyk - welcome to the Dropbox family!

It's always nice to see new faces around; thanks for posting your first question nerd face

From what I gather, you must be sharing a folder with the team and as shared folders count towards each member's quota, you're getting a notification that you're out of space; thus prompting you to upgrade so you can accommodate the content of the folder in question. Please correct me if I got anything wrong here.

As you'd like to only upload to the other account, I'd suggest having them open a file request for you to access and submit your files as in this way you're not limited by your account's available space

From there, they could share a link to the folder if you'd like to view the content; you won't be able to edit though (in that case you'd need to upgrade indeed or make/add some space). 

I hope this information helps and please let me know if there's anything you'd like to ask; I'd be happy to follow up!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I have a question about posting to a team account with plenty of space. Any ideas?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post