Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

I have an issue with syncing files. Can you shed some light?

New member | Level 2

Hi!

I have a business account with Dropbox and for a moment I was interested in trying out the project management tool called Paper. I ultimately decided not to use it but my files never synced after I canceled it.

I initiated a chat with Dropbox and after explaining everything to Joshua, he just said, "thanks for contacting us, I can't help you." Alrighty then. slightly smiling face

The help articles suggest upgrading to business but I already have business, so there's nothing to upgrade. I have the low end of business where I can have 3 terabyte of space. I don't need anything more than that but I shouldn't have to upgrade to have access to my files.

Is there something I need to do in order to get the files and folders back?

Thanks,
Sarah

3 Replies

Re: Syncing files

Dropboxer

Hey there @Sarah_Sarita  - sorry to hear you're having issues with syncing.

Now, as Paper and syncing your Dropbox files are not connected, can you please clarify the nature of the issue at hand? 

Were/are you using the website, the desktop app or the mobile application?

Do you see anything that reflects the changes you mention in your Events page

Last but not least, if you could send me screenshots of the problem at hand so we can have a visual too, that'd be most appreciated. 

Thanks in advance Sarah!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Thanks for responding so quickly, Walter.

This is the message across my screen when I go to my files. I can't see my folders. Dropbox Paper is their project management tool but I didn't like it so I canceled it.

Now Dropbox won't sync my files and when I clicked on next steps, I was told to upgrade to a business account, but I already have one, so I'm not sure what to upgrade to. I use the desktop version.

The second screenshot is my events page.

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 1.13.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-02 at 1.17.42 PM.png

Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information Sarah - most appreciated!

I guess you mean that you disabled Paper for the team account you're a part of - right? 

Again, Paper is not related to syncing or the files that are within your Dropbox Folder. Dropbox Paper is a collaborative workspace that helps your team grow ideas together. Paper is freely available to all Dropbox users while if you'd like to learn more about Paper, I'd suggest checking out this section of our Help Center:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/paper

Based on your screenshot now, it seems like your (team)account is currently in "locked state", which limits Dropbox functionality. This will cause the following:

1. Paused file syncing on connected computers

2.You will not be able to create or upload new files or folders

3.Most premium features, such as file requests and invite enforcement, will be disabled

4. Most admin console functionality will be disabled.

You can learn more about the locked state in our Help Center:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/locked-state

Team admins have two options available at this point, either purchase Dropbox Business (that's why you're being prompted to upgrade) or disband the team and convert all team members to individual accounts.

While the admin is deciding, team members can leave the team if they’d like too. 

All of these actions can be taken from this page:

http://www.dropbox.com/team/decide

We always recommend team admins take action as soon as possible they can to preserve the integrity of the original team.

I hope this information helps and please keep me posted on your progress. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I have an issue with syncing files. Can you shed some light?
3 Replies
0 Likes