Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

I have basic plan but have been invited to a business team

New member | Level 2

I cannot figure out how "business teams" work.  I've read the spiel, I still don't understand fully.  I've read the FAQs and my Q apparently wasnt FA.  LOL   I've been invited to collaborate on a business team but only have a basic/free account.  I don't want anyone else having ANY access to my personal files already in my account.  I don't want to create a new account because I don't want to have to switch back and forth.    I guess my question is:  What's the actual advantage over a simple shared folder?

2 Replies

Re: I have basic plan but have been invited to a business team

Dropboxer
Hey there @trexalou,

So the biggest advantage in joining the business team, is that you will share the storage space offered on the business subscription. This would be an advantage over a shared folder if the amount of data the team needs to share with you is larger than what your current account can hold. If you have 1 GB of space left on your account, the folder they share with you cannot be larger than 1 GB for you to be able to access it.

I’d like to ask though, have you heard about this account connection feature we offer to allow you to switch between accounts easily? It keeps your data separate between a personal and business account, but allows you to have both easily accessible too. You can sync both accounts to your desktop under 2 different Dropbox folders, and switch between them on the website with a few simple clicks instead of the whole “sign out/sign in” hassle.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Re: I have basic plan but have been invited to a business team

New member | Level 2

Thanks- I'll look into this tomorrow hopefully.  I appreciate the quick response.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I have basic plan but have been invited to a business team
2 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post