Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

I have been periodically uploading a movie from Easy movie Maker. Taking 24+ hrs to start

Level 3

The first rendition of the movie mpg.4 uploaded fine but additional versions took more than 24 hrs to even start. Photos continued to work.

Tags (1)
6 Replies

Re: I have been periodically uploading a movie from Easy movie Maker. Taking 24+ hrs to start

Dropboxer
Hey there @Wynellee,

So that we can troubleshoot this correctly, can you let me know where you're uploading the files from; the web, desktop app or mobile app? Also, if you can let me know the OS of the device you're using, if you're using the website please let me know which web browser and version it is.

Additionally, you mentioned it took a long period to start, did the files eventually start uploading? If so, did it complete or show any error messages?

Let me know - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Highlighted

Re: I have been periodically uploading a movie from Easy movie Maker. Taking 24+ hrs to start

Level 3
It is a desktop app. I would receive a message immeadiately that the file was uploaded but the progress bar did not start till 24 hours later. Afterwhich It would be available as a viewable document. My OS is windows 10 and my upload speed was about 30. I kept checking speeds because U did not understand the delay. This has happened twice. During the delay, photo autobackups had no difficulty so I know there was communication

Dropboxer

Can you let me know the version of the desktop app you’re using? From what you mentioned I’m wondering if you’re running the Dropbox app for S mode which is downloaded from the Microsoft store instead of directly from our website. Could you please check and clarify for me which one you’re currently using?

Also, you mentioned that the photo weren't having an issue (I'm assuming you're referring to uploading too), so what I’m wondering is if the photos were uploading until the time the video was uploaded? The desktop app will sync the files from smallest to largest.

Finally, can you let me know where you saw the notification that the file was uploaded immediately, if possible can you send me a screenshot of this?

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 3
It is Dropbox S. The photos were done well before the movie started.
I am not sure how to insert a pic here

Level 3
It was in the windows notification center

Dropboxer

Thanks for that extra info, don’t worry about the screenshot.

So have you noticed this for any other files or videos, or was it just with these particular files that you’ve experienced this behaviour with? Can you please try uploading another as a test to see if the behaviour is consistent.

Also, if the issue is still persistent, are you able to try a different WiFi network  to see if you have the same issues with uploading?

Finally, can you let me know the size of the files you had issues uploading? You can experience issues when uploading large files through the S mode app (similarly to the mobile app) as it doesn’t have the ability to pause or resume uploading/downloading when the internet connection isn’t strong. You may need to keep the Dropbox app open and active in the foreground.

Let me know what you find, I appreciate your patience while we get to the bottom of this - Thanks!

Daphne

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I have been periodically uploading a movie from Easy movie Maker. Taking 24+ hrs to start
6 Replies
0 Likes