cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting an error when I try to open a word document - Additional permissions are required...

I keep getting an error when I try to open a word document - Additional permissions are required...

cschenk
New member | Level 2

I keep getting the message to Grant File Access, followed by another message in chich additional permissionas are required.  reading another post on the subject, restarting the computer does fix it.  but this is happening on a daily basis.  This is a mac running Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226).

I can't seem to find what the pattern is, why this occurs.  

It happens maybe when it is syncing but then I cannot access any more files in the whole dropbox after the error moment onwards. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 1.21.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-07 at 1.21.16 PM.png

3 Replies 3

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Hey there @cschenk,

To try and pinpoint the issue, can you close the Dropbox app and try to open the file again to see if you receive the same error message? From what I could find, the issue is possibly not Dropbox related but rather from Word specifically. To quit the app follow the steps below:

1. Click the Dropbox icon in your menu bar
  2. Click the gear icon in the top right of the window
  3. Choose “Quit Dropbox”

Can you also make sure you have the most up to date version of Office and then please check out this thread here if the issue persists.

Let me know how it goes - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Camekazi
New member | Level 2

I'm getting the same issue. Any idea how to resolve this?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Camekazi; sorry to hear about this.

Can you please send me a screenshot of the app's exact status as shown when you mouse over the app's icon within your computer's system tray/menu bar so I can have a better look into this?

Any additional information will be much appreciated! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Camekazi New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?