cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Re: Service Unavailable

I'm getting an error message when trying to access my files online, what can I do?

Dkcc74
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm getting the following message on all files for the last 1/2 hour.   Website status shows no service issues.  Help!  Message:

The service is unavailable

Service Unavailable
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello there @Dkcc74,

Could you first just try the steps below to see if any of them resolves the issue you're having:

• Try using a different web browser
  • Use an incognito/private window
  • Clear the browser cache

If the issue persists, would you mind sending a screenshot of the error messages that you're seeing? Also, can you let me know what steps you're taking when you get the error? For example, when trying to sign in to Dropbox or trying to access a certain web page.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello there @Dkcc74,

Could you first just try the steps below to see if any of them resolves the issue you're having:

• Try using a different web browser
  • Use an incognito/private window
  • Clear the browser cache

If the issue persists, would you mind sending a screenshot of the error messages that you're seeing? Also, can you let me know what steps you're taking when you get the error? For example, when trying to sign in to Dropbox or trying to access a certain web page.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Dkcc74
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I was using Google Chrome, switching to Incognito worked!  Will I need to always use Incognito?  Thanks so much for your help to get me into my files!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm glad to hear that @Dkcc74!

If it's working fine in incognito mode then it's most likely a browser extension that is causing the error message.

Can you try disabling your extensions one by one on a normal browser window? If the issue is resolved after a particular extension is disabled then it may be the one causing the error. 

Keep me posted on your findings - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Dkcc74
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks again, disabled Consumer Reports extension and that seemed to take care of it!  

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm glad to hear that you found the cause of this!

Also, thanks for sharing your update here @Dkcc74 with the specifics as I'm sure this could be helpful to other users who are having the same issue.

If you have any other questions or issues with this then just give me a nudge here, I'll be happy to help further. :grin:

Have a great day - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?