cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting an error when I sign in from the mobile app that my email isn't valid

I'm getting an error when I sign in from the mobile app that my email isn't valid

Roberto30
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had to reset my android smartphone recently. Since then, I cannot use the dropbox app anymore. The app is asking for my email and a pwd. It keep saying :please enter a valid email address. I'm stuck at this point andIcannot lg into my dropbox.Fortunately, I can still access from my tablet and from my laptop.Can somebody help ?

11 Replies 11

Ri5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Roberte30

I had a preinstalled version of dropbox on my samsung galaxy s5 mini which runs with Android. Same problem as you, it says "enter a valid email address" even I enter my email address correctly.

My solution (which I actually applicated):

1. Disable the preinstalled app on the device.

2. download newest dropbox app on apkpure.com

3. install and run the downloaded app

Regards,

R.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Ri5, thanks for letting us know what did the trick for you - awesome work!

If you have any questions in the future, don’t hesitate to give us a nudge and we’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    Ri5 New member | Level 2
    Runningwolf New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?