Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

I'm having some issues with selective sync and conflict folders, any help?

New member | Level 2

I am having two issues, and I'm not sure whether they are related or not:

1) As I started to run out of space on my hardrive, I selected SmartSync.  I also have Selective Sync set so only a few of my folders are checked off.  Somehow, when I open my Dropbox folder, I can see all of my folders...folders that were selected under Selective Sync have a green icon and give me the option of local vs. online only, while folders that re not selected under Selective Sync have a gray icon and only give me the option of online only.  If I try to select additional folders under the Selective Sync option, I get a duplicated folder with "(Selective Sync conflict)", and then I am stuck trying to merge them and delete the duplicated folder  How do I prevent this from happening?

2) Files that are not selected under "Selective Sync", although they show up as "Online only", do not appear to be updated.  Is this because they were not selected under "Selective sync?"

Thank you.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: syncing issues

Dropboxer

Hey there @dsh242,

You mentioned that you're getting selective sync conflicts. This is caused by selecting folders not to sync via the selective sync settings, then creating a folder with the same name in the same location as the unsynced folder. Choosing to then sync the folder again causes the selective sync conflict folder.

The grey icon that you mentioned, is this a grey minus icon? If so, these folders are not syncing to your account and you will need to check them in the selective sync setting and consolidate them as you did previously.

Finally, once the issue with selective sync has been resolved and your app shows it's "up to date", you can then ensure that the files that are on your hard drive are smart synced. Any folders/files showing the green tick White check mark are local, and you can make them "online only" by right clicking them and choosing "Smart sync - online only".

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions! 

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'm having some issues with selective sync and conflict folders, any help?
1 Reply
0 Likes