Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

I'm missing my photos after I reinstalled the mobile app. Any ideas?

Explorer | Level 4

My Dropbox app on my iPhone froze up so I deleted the app. Once I reinstalled it, all of my pictures were gone even after I signed back in. They are all still there on my laptop. How can I get all of my folders back?

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Missing pictures

Super User II

Do you mean they are not on the iPhone menus?

If so it is almost certain you've signed in to the wrong account - or set up a new one. A simple way to test this is to upload an image from the iPhone (take a photo of anything) and see if it appears on your computer.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 4
Correct the files and photos are not there when I open the app. As far as I know, I only have the one account? How can I tell on my laptop what email the account is under? I can’t find account info anywhere on my laptop.

Explorer | Level 4
Also, I saved a new photo to my computer Dropbox and it does not show up on my iPhone app

Super User II

I'm 99.99% certain then you've either logged in to a second account or set up a new account on your iPhone.

Thanks for checking the above slightly smiling face

To see what the account is on your computer click on Dropbox then the icon top right (it may be an image of you/whatever you've set it as or you initial). Then you should see your account menu options pop up with your used space etc. The top one shows you the email.

Just a word of warning. Remember @googlemail.com and @gmail.com are two different accounts and if you use Gmail Mark.Mc@ MarkMc@ and M.arkMc@ are all valid for a single Gmail account BUT classed as different emails everywhere else.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 4
On my computer, it’s opening through my files, not online. There is nowhere so get my account info 😢

Explorer | Level 4
Ahhh I figured it out! Thanks so much for tour help!!
Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'm missing my photos after I reinstalled the mobile app. Any ideas?
6 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution