Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Highlighted

I'm unable to locate my invoices & Microsoft Support redirected me to you. How should I proceed?

New member | Level 2

I'm trying to access my business invoices in one of my business files.  Only 3 out over 70 appear on the screen in that file. Sometimes the files themselves don't appear either. Microsoft agents say the word program i use is functioning properly and that my dropbox app is at fault. Could you tell me please, how do I solve this problem? 

Thanks 

Eddy [personal iinformation removed by moderation]

1 Reply

Re: lost files

Dropboxer
Hey Eddy (@eddyhaskell), thanks for checking in with us on the Dropbox Forum regarding your missing files, I’ll do my best to send you some hints & we’ll take it from your findings on your end. 

Just so as to make sure I'm following-up on the right thing, can you let me know a bit more detail on the steps you've followed & how that resulted in losing your content (eg. did you upload your invoices to Dropbox & you can’t retrieve them now Eddy)

From there can you ensure that you’re logged in the account your files were initially uploaded on? If so, can you recall when was the last time you logged in on that account approximately? Do you have more than one Dropbox accounts by any chance? Also, have you received an email in the past that your account will be closed due to inactivity?

If you have only one Dropbox account (& you can recall uploading your files there in the past), then the following pointers may be helpful to you:

More information
  • Have you tried looking up some example file/ folder names on the Search box  🔍 on the top-right hand corner of your Account incidentally? (Note: I’m merely asking, as your files may have been moved, so you should be able to access them normally.)
  • In case your files were located inside a shared folder, maybe you’ve left the Share dividers, which you can add back on your Sharing tab. 
  • It would be worth mentioning that you could search on your Deleted Files page for recent deletions. Would you mind having a look there whenever you get a chance? 
  • Last but not least, can you by any chance recall whether you uploaded your files from the Dropbox website or you placed them in the Dropbox folder on your pc/Mac? If the latter, can you let me know if these files synced online as expected Arrows Counter Clock/ White check mark?  
Please do let me know of your findings & I’ll make sure to check back with you with the best next steps asap. Thanks in advance!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'm unable to locate my invoices & Microsoft Support redirected me to you. How should I proceed?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post