Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

I'm updating my Selective Sync settings but my new option wouldn't stick. What should I do?

Level 2

by accident i removed all checkboxes on selective sync but one or two...so now i am selecting them again, and dropbox is syncing, but he skips a few directories.

also i am getting the error..dropbox.jpg

funny thing if you want to learn more you get to a page not found page.

So when i go to selective sync and check the directory i want to sync, get out of the settings, get back to the settings, the folders i selected are deselected again. So i can't get these folders to my system. And i can't right click on the folder, because the folder is not shown in my directory on my local drive

1 Reply

Re: Selective sync not working

Dropboxer
Hey @Arno, thanks a lot for the screenshot, this has been really helpful! Based on your description, it looks like your Selective Sync settings wouldn’t stick, so I’d suggest ensuring that you haven’t missed our latest update (72.4.136) on this device. Following, I’d like to point you to the syncing icons across devices that will help us paint a clearer picture of the matter at hand. If you’re facing an issue loading your syncing icons Arrows Counter Clock/White check mark, I’d recommend unlinking & relinking your account on the device causing you trouble once, as it recreates the local database

If this persists, I’d recommend re-installing our app using the Offline installer that should eliminate similar discrepancies (& you can reference the steps outlined below to get going with that)

Spoiler
  • Stop Dropbox (If needed) by clicking the Dropbox icon in the system tray at the bottom of your screen. >Click on the gear icon in the Notifications panel and select "Quit Dropbox".
  • Uninstall Dropbox: [Note: If Dropbox was installed by a Windows administrator in Program Files, you will need admin permissions to remove the application.]> Click on the Start button on the bottom left of your screen, and select "Control Panel" (Windows 7), or type Control Panel at the Start screen or start menu, and click on it (Windows 10, 8 ).> Click "Uninstall a Program". >Select Dropbox from the list of programs and click "Uninstall".
  • When the uninstall finishes, reboot your computer. This will make sure the uninstall is complete.  
Please have a look at my these initial checks at your earliest convenience & let me know how you get on with my advice or if I’ve misunderstood your question in any way on our discussion here. Thanks & enjoy the rest of your day! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'm updating my Selective Sync settings but my new option wouldn't stick. What should I do?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post