cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to get Dropbox to stop synching 1Password

I need to get Dropbox to stop synching 1Password

rs1951
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

OK, I have to get Dropbox synching 1password. I talked to a Dropbox supposrt person whos said go to settings and then connected apps and delete 1 password and it would stop. NOw I'm typing tis from memory so I might have the jargon wrong, anyway it doesn't work and not only can't get dropbox to stop, it has come back and is now looking at my .settings file. Looks like I can't attach screen shots. I need this to stop. Right now.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, you’ll need to disconnect the 1Password app from this page.

If you don’t want it to sync, do you want to move the 1Password file out of your Dropbox folder? Are you trying to store it on another cloud service, or just on your local machine?

If you don’t want it to sync at all or not use 1Password again, you could technically delete the entire 1Password folder via the Dropbox site. Obviously this might delete your password database, so I recommend caution if this isn’t what you want.

Let me know more so I can assist further.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, you’ll need to disconnect the 1Password app from this page.

If you don’t want it to sync, do you want to move the 1Password file out of your Dropbox folder? Are you trying to store it on another cloud service, or just on your local machine?

If you don’t want it to sync at all or not use 1Password again, you could technically delete the entire 1Password folder via the Dropbox site. Obviously this might delete your password database, so I recommend caution if this isn’t what you want.

Let me know more so I can assist further.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

rs1951
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Jay, sorry for the delay replying, I did not realize you had made this post. I already went to the link you sent a while back and went to settings, etc. and unlinked it. I am still synching other stuff via dropbox, I just wanted to not sink 1Password. I have succeeded in that, I think. the thigs that's really wierd is, my Dropbox folder still has 1Password in it in a folder called Apps. If I understand you correctly, I could drag the icon of 1P out of the apps folder and trash it. Right? Is that correct? But as you say, that might trash the 1P databaase on every computer. So, that's something I need to ask 1P about. I would attacha a screen shot but it seems too difficult. I should have logged in before writing this. I will try again

rs1951
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

OK, not going to be able to attach a screen shot, I just keep gettting the message that an unexpected error has occurred.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Can you attach an image using this method?

Attach photo.jpg

Regarding deleting or unlinking the 1Password app out of the apps page on the Dropbox site, this will remove the database for all other computers that sync with 1Password, causing potential issues.

If you could explain exactly what you’re looking for, then I can assist.

For instance, do you simply not want 1Password to sync with one specific machine? Do you not want it to sync to any computer? Do you want to delete the data and the app itself?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

rs1951
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Sorry Jay, I just can't reply you with a screen shot. Every time I try to drag a file to the "drag files here" box, the page crashes. Maybe a Mojave issue, I don't know. I am now using 1P7 and synching via the Agile, or Apple cloud. I disassociated the link between Dropbox and 1P on the settings page of my account with Dropbox, which I'm continuing to use as the app to sync XL files, etc. I'm just really perplexed why there remains a folder in my Dropbox called Apps that contains an 11MB file of my 1P app! If I disassociated the link, then why does the app remain? Is it there in case I switch back to DB for 1P? I am leery of just dragging it to the trash.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
As you said, unlinking the app doesn’t automatically delete the data. You can do this yourself by moving it to the trash, or if you’re uncertain, out of your Dropbox folder to another location.

If you notice any problems with your 1Password app afterwards, then most likely it was still using that database from the Dropbox folder.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    rs1951 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?