Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

I upgraded my computer and lost some files but can I get them back?

New member | Level 2

When I upgraded my computer(Add an SSD) I also reinstall the windows. Somehow some of my files didnt show up now. Please help me

1 Reply

Re: I upgraded my computer and lost some files but can I get them back?

Dropboxer
Hey @Scratchexplode, while there’s a few ways to get going with the hardware & OS upgrade, when it comes to Dropbox, I’m assuming that you’ve unlinked your desktop before you proceeded with that, can you please confirm that this is the case? 

Mere guess here (which could as well be a long shot), would be that you may have missed this step. If you didn’t unlink your desktop from your account online, then upon re-linking the client should’ve taken it from where it had left off (i.e. syncing the files it would locate to our website). 

Now, to see whether my suggested scenario applies, I’d suggest having a look on your on your Events or your Deleted Files page in order to check back on the timeframe when you upgraded your device. This will help you paint a clearer picture on the Timeline of Events  & help you confirm whether there have been any deletions. 

Hopefully this is- even slightly- helpful to you, though please do let me know here in case I’ve misunderstood your request in any way or you need further assistance regarding your missing files. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I upgraded my computer and lost some files but can I get them back?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post