Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Highlighted

I've shared a folder & recipients can't access it because it puts them above their quota.

New member | Level 2

I want to share files but the receivers can't access them because their dropbox is over limit. What can I do to help? I'm ok with paying something

1 Reply

Re: receiver limit reached

Dropboxer
Hey @jespereis, it looks like you’ve shared a folder with your colleagues & they can’t add it on their account online, as it’s putting them above their allowance (i.e. that's happening as the share takes up space on all users' accounts). If so, then it would be best to send them a View-only downloadable shared link instead that will grant them visibility to the content. If you’d need to gather files in return, you can also send them a File Request. (Tip: I’ve also created this walkthrough, which you could review whenever you have some spare time.)

Kindly note that these features are currently available to all plans, so you should be good to go for now.

Hopefully my hints will point you towards the right direction however please do let me know here if you have more questions about any of the above. Thanks for choosing Dropbox & I’m wishing you a wonderful rest of your day ahead until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I've shared a folder & recipients can't access it because it puts them above their quota.
1 Reply
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post