cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image search/facial recognition/keyword

Image search/facial recognition/keyword

Mamarazzi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello! I've copied all of the photos and videos from my iphone to dropbox- over 13,000 files. Is it possible (now, or in the future) to look for photos by searching by keyword? Currently I have them sorted into 2016, 2017, 2018 but would like to sort out photos of horses, etc. into a separate folder. It would be much less tedious if it were possible. 

Thanks very much!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Mamarazzi, @Scott N.15, the Dropbox site or mobile app currently doesn’t support tags since it isn’t possible to sync these tags across to other OSes, as they wouldn’t be recognized on those platforms, thus negating their purpose. 

I can forward this to our dev team for future consideration to improve the site and mobile apps however!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott N.15
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

As of now that feature is not available. I am hoping for this feature as well. In addition, it would be great to have the ability to search tags using the web interface. Maybe in a future upgrade.

Anselmou
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi,

If you've already tagged your pictures, you shouldn't have much trouble sorting them. Regarding the recognition of content, I'm not sure if you expect the dropbox app to do this or you want to use any other software. But what is for sure is that once the copy is in your computer you could use any software you like to do that.

Scott N.15
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

I have all my photos tagged. The web version of Dropbox cannot search or sort by tags. At least not that I've found. If you know a way around this , please share.

Anselmou
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

If you have Dropbox installed in your computer, you could access this folder with any software to classify and sort pictures. Then you could create a folder structure in dropbox that reflects the way you sorted your pictures. I think this is the easiest way.

Scott N.15
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

I have the Dropbox folder installed and use it all the time to search my photo tags. My issue is with the website and mobile app. These DO NOT allow searching by tags. So with over 20,000 images it is a pain to try and find something specific. Using the Dropbox folder I can find it within seconds. Unfortunately this is not the case using the website or mobile app.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Mamarazzi, @Scott N.15, the Dropbox site or mobile app currently doesn’t support tags since it isn’t possible to sync these tags across to other OSes, as they wouldn’t be recognized on those platforms, thus negating their purpose. 

I can forward this to our dev team for future consideration to improve the site and mobile apps however!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Scott N.15 Collaborator | Level 9
    Anselmou Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?