Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Images are cut off for my clients

New member | Level 2

I have two clients who have come to me saying the images I have uploaded for them to download are cut off.  Example - a logo has been uploaded, appears fine on my end, the entire image is viewable.  My clients see them on DropBox as a square image and they download the same way.  The entire image is not there.  What might be the issue?  I am on a Mac, they are both on PCs, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: Images are cut off.

Dropboxer

Thanks for creating a thread to get help from the Community @AMDSnerd face

Could we get a screenshot of how things show on your end and how on the receivers end. 

My first thought is that this is a browser issue on their end.

Troubleshooting tools Ask them to open the file via an incognito window, clear their browsers cache and restore their browser to its default settings. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Well, some of the instruction was a bit foreign, so while on the phone with the clients we went through their original downloading efforts and got the squared-off files (images were cut off) they had clicked on the shared link I provided them, it brought them to the folder and they clicked download.  This time, I had them go back to the link and to the folder.  I had them open the folder completely to view all files and clicking on all files, they then were able to select "direct download" and files were downloaded as they were intended, not squared-off.  I'm not sure if something has changed with a recent DB update but shouldn't someone be able to just click on a link, go to the folder and download?  They should not have to go through such a process.  If anyone has any insight, suggests, etc, please share.  Thanks.

Dropboxer

You are right. A shared link should direct them to the folder directly and they should see the download button on the top right. 

I reassure you nothing has changed with shared links. That's why I still believe the issue is browser related. 

Did they try clearing their cache? Steps here. Uninstalling reinstalling the browser would help too, if switching to the default settings is to complicated for them. winking face

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Images are cut off for my clients
3 Replies
1 Like
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post