Announcements
Can you spare 5 minutes to help us improve our online support experience? Get involved!

yes

Images uploaded from computer to Paper docs become unable to preview a few seconds later

New member | Level 2

Hey there, I'm having an issue when uploading images from disk to a Paper: they break in a few seconds after I've uploaded them (see screenshot). Could you please advice? Cheers!

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 16.22.42 PM.png 

14 Replies

Re: Images get broken after a few secs

New member | Level 2

Been happening with to me (as well) since yesterday. Some images stay while others become broken. Doesn't matter if it's a jpeg or png.  Please help 

New member | Level 2

same here happened here... please help.

Dropboxer

Hi all, 

Thanks for raising this problem. Dropbox Paper engineers are aware of the problem and are working on a solution.

Please note that your images should be safe, and we expect them to be restored as soon as this problem is fixed.

Sorr for any inconvenience this has caused. We'll be updating our Twitter account @DropboxSupport with updates from our status page if you'd like to follow along.

Thanks,

Richard

New member | Level 2

Yes, I encouter exactaly the same issue. Good to know Paper engineers are working on it. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience. The issues with Dropbox Paper images have now been resolved.

If you continue to notice any unusual behavior, please let us know!

Thanks,

Richard

New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am seeing the same issue on a dropbox paper document I've created.

I have a document with lots of images, and about half the images that say "User-uploaded-image" instead of showing the actual image.

Here's what the image looks like
Divi and VV one year in – Dropbox Paper 2017-09-02 13-13-20.png

How do I restore my original images?

Thanks,

Vaibhav

New member | Level 2

This is still an issue for me. I receive the "user-uploaded image: image.png" message intermittently. Then they come back, but this is not good when using Paper for presentations in my classes, even if the images come back later. It happens for images pasted from the web via links and images uploaded from my own computer.

unlike the OP, my messages just say genericaly "image.png." It doesn't say the actual filename of the image.

New member | Level 2

Hey!

I have the same issue today with my docs - are you aware of any issues from your side?

Dropboxer

Hey there @KosK - Welcome to our Community!

Thanks for letting us know about this. Can you please let me know if this is persistent on other browsers as well? Have you tried clearing your browser's cache or an incognito window as a first step to see if this is a browser specific problem?

If you still get this error, send us a screenshot of it and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks in advance! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Images uploaded from computer to Paper docs become unable to preview a few seconds later
14 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Dropbox Design Research
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey