cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Music on iOS without Computer

Import Music on iOS without Computer

dreamingenthusiast
Helpful | Level 5

When I add music files to my Dropbox, I want to import and play them on my iPhone. I would like to use an iOS music app instead of Dropbox preview (which is inefficient for playing music). However, the default iOS "Music" app requires me to use iTunes on my computer to import Dropbox files onto my iPhone, which takes too much time. What are ways to import music from Dropbox onto an iOS music app without using a computer?

5 Replies 5

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @dreamingenthusiast, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Since the Music app requires .mp3 files to be added via iTunes, I'm afraid there's not much I can suggest for this.

Due to this limitation, when trying to export .mp3 files from Dropbox or even through the Files app, there isn't an option to open those files with the Music app.

Sorry that I can't be of much help here. You may be able to find some third-party apps from a web search, that can assist you with adding .mp3 files on your iPhone.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dreamingenthusiast
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Daphne, thank you for your reply. What are some options for third party apps that enable music file import from Dropbox directly through iOS?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for getting back to me here @dreamingenthusiast!

At the moment, we don't have any official integrations that I can recommend that would help you with this.

I'd have to suggest doing a quick web search to find apps that would assist you with importing into the Music app.

There may even be some others here who have some ideas to share with you, so in the meantime your thread will remain open.

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dreamingenthusiast
Helpful | Level 5

@Daphne Do you have any unofficial music app integrations?

Might you tag other folks who might also have ideas about this?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey @dreamingenthusiast, thanks for checking back in with us!

Although we don't have any recommendations for this, we'll leave this thread open where other like-minded users can jump in and offer further suggestions.

In the meantime, if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to give us another nudge. Have a lovely weekend ahead! :slight_smile:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    dreamingenthusiast Helpful | Level 5
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?