Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

In Firefox, toolbar buttons Create link and Change language (in code block) don't work

New member | Level 2

I'm using Firefox 67 (64-bit) on Windows 10.

The Create link and Change language (which appears in a code block) buttons don't work. They're supposed to open dropdown menu of sorts, but that doesn't appear, or only very briefly, and instead the floating toolbar disappears. Ctrl + K still works to create a link, but I'm not aware of any such keyboard language to change the language for syntax highlighting a code block.

I've tried this both with and without Content Blocking and uBlock Origin, and the issue remains.

This functionality works perfectly in Chrome.

3 Replies

Re: In Firefox, toolbar buttons Create link and Change language (in code block) don't work

Dropboxer
Hey there @michaelchen,

Since you mentioned that the function works with another browser, can you try using an incognito window in Firefox? If there is a change in the behaviour with this step then it may be due to a certain plug in you have for your browser.

If you see no difference with the above step, can you then try clearing your browser cache to see if this might do the trick. If not, would you mind providing a screenshot or short screencast (perhaps via a shared link) showing the issue you describe just so that I can see exactly what you are referring to. Please make sure to exclude any personal info though!

Looking forward to your reply - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Re: In Firefox, toolbar buttons Create link and Change language (in code block) don't work

New member | Level 2

d'oh, should've tried it with all my extensions disabled. It did work in Private Browsing, and I think the culprit was my LINER extension. Thanks!

Dropboxer
I’m glad to hear that you’ve pinpointed the issue there @michaelchen!

If you need anything else, the Community is always open. grinning face with smiling eyes

Have a great weekend - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

In Firefox, toolbar buttons Create link and Change language (in code block) don't work
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post