Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Invited to Dropbox Business but cant see in desktop app.

New member | Level 2

Hi All, 

I was invited to a dropbox business team. I was sent an email (to my email linked to my account) from dropbox saying I was invited and containing a link to join. So I joined and said "Combine accounts" when prompetd by dropbox to combine my personal account with the dropbox business account. 

Now I open my desktop app and I want it to show all folders contained in this new dropbox business. But they dont show. The only folders I see are other shared folders I previously had.

A second issue: I previously changed my account "personal email" to be invited to some folder that required a different email domain. (the folders show in the desktop app).  Now I try to change it back to my original email (where i was invited to dropbox business) and it says email is taken. 

Please advice, 

Thanks

A.

Tags (2)
1 Reply

Re: Invited to Dropbox Business but cant see in desktop app.

Dropboxer
Hey @Adrian_Sand, I’ll do my best to follow along & clarify matters! 

For starters, we’d need to confirm that you don’t have two accounts, so it would be a great idea to start off checking your active subscription on your Plan tab online. Do you see that registered for a Dropbox Business account there?

Following, we’d need to ensure that you’ve connected the same account on your desktop as well. Can you navigate on your Account tab & see if the email address you’re seeing there matches the one on your Plan tab? 

• Click on the Dropbox icon in your menu bar/system tray at the top of the screen and then click on the three dots next to your photo on the top-right hand side that’s next to the Search Bar on top. 
  • Choose "Preferences". 
  • Go to the "Account" tab.
When it comes to your second issue, can you clarify whether you changed the email address on your Dropbox account & you’d like to switch back to the one you were using originally? If you’re seeing a message detailing you that this email is in use, this makes me think that you’re probably using two accounts.

Please let me know of how my pointers above apply & we’ll go from there. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Invited to Dropbox Business but cant see in desktop app.
1 Reply
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post