cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a limit to how many people I can invite?

Is there a limit to how many people I can invite?

cpeddie
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So I am trying to invite 40 people to a shared folder. When I click share I get the 'sent too many invites....try again in 24 hours' error. My question is, what is the limit you can send in a day? I couldn't find a hard number anywhere. So if I click again tomorrow, don't I need to take the first x people off the invite email since I'm assuming they got invited today? Or if there is too many people in the list, does nobody get invited? It would be nice if there was some discussion of how to do this in the documenation somewhere....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, as you discovered, there is a limit of individual shared link recipients and shared folder invitations per day for Dropbox Basic, Dropbox Professional trial, and Dropbox Business trial accounts.

While we don’t have any specific numbers for the daily limit, this limit is reset every day, so you will be able to continue to send links to other users the next day.

Make sure to invite the people already not on the shared folder.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, as you discovered, there is a limit of individual shared link recipients and shared folder invitations per day for Dropbox Basic, Dropbox Professional trial, and Dropbox Business trial accounts.

While we don’t have any specific numbers for the daily limit, this limit is reset every day, so you will be able to continue to send links to other users the next day.

Make sure to invite the people already not on the shared folder.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

stjwrestling
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dropbox keeps beating around the bush on this one so I am going to ask the question again, what is the exact number of invitations one  can send out in a 24 hour period    ???   Dropbox has repeatedly been asked this question but never answered it with the limit number.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @stjwrestling, while I could see that you’ve already discussed that with a subject-matter expert via our Official Support channel, I’ve also moved your post under this discussion here, in order to ping you towards my colleague's message above. 

I hope that this is helpful to you to a certain extent & I’m always here if you have any follow-up questions or thoughts. Thanks again!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

stjwrestling
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

They say there is a limit in the number of invitations one can make and infer there is a difference in that limit if one say has a business account not the free trial version of dropbox, So what is the total number of sends per day allowed for the free trial account ?   and what is the limit for the upgraded dropbox accounts ???

Thats is is there is a difference ?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

stjwrestling Explorer | Level 4
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?