cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a limit to the size of a file that I can upload?

Is there a limit to the size of a file that I can upload?

Beyond G.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Is there a maximum file size that we can upload? me and my friends record videos, for youtube, they upload their footage and I download it to edit it, I choose Dropbox because it didn't seem like there was a file size upload limit unlike other file sharing sites. but my friend ran into a problem where the file wouldn't upload because it was too big....

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Franck D.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

20 GB through the web interface. Unlike Rich, I do it routinely, it works fine.

Moderator note: see more about this in a more recent thread: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Create-upload-and-share/How-can-I-upload-a-file-larger-than-50GB/td-... 

View solution in original post

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

20 GB through the web interface. Unlike Rich, I do it routinely, it works fine.

That has changed since my reply from over a year ago. It was previously 10GB (and 1GB before that), and problematic at best. Now it's not much of an issue.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

When using the Dropbox client on your computer the file size is limited only by the size of your account. Uploads through the Dropbox website are limited to 10GB (but personally, I would NEVER upload a file of that size through a browser).

Franck D.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

20 GB through the web interface. Unlike Rich, I do it routinely, it works fine.

Moderator note: see more about this in a more recent thread: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Create-upload-and-share/How-can-I-upload-a-file-larger-than-50GB/td-... 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

20 GB through the web interface. Unlike Rich, I do it routinely, it works fine.

That has changed since my reply from over a year ago. It was previously 10GB (and 1GB before that), and problematic at best. Now it's not much of an issue.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Franck D.1 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?