cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to cancel the online only option?

Is there a way to cancel the online only option?

MelLRBJ
New member | Level 2

I use the dropbox business for work purposes, since the online only come up recently

I have been having nightmares. I need all the files to be 'locally' instead of 'online only' since I may need to access old files while on the road with no internet connection. I also need to back up the data or transfer via external hard disk to colleagues that have no access to dropbox, but this only only feature make the file can not be transferred if not yet downloaded. I have to CLICK every file to download then do the transfer. I have re-installed the dropbox and chose 'locally' but still after a week it went back to online only. In the preferences also I select 'local' on the "save hard drive space'.

1 Reply 1

Celeste
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MelLRBJ, welcome to the Community! 

In order to keep your content synced locally, you can right-click and set it to 'Local' from the Dropbox folder as you mentioned. 

From your description it sounds like the 'Save hard drive space automatically' feature in the Sync settings is activated, which makes content you have not accessed in a while automatically sync to online-only. You can deactivate this from the Sync settings in the Preferences directly, though.

Equally, from the same tab, you can choose new content (or content added to the web) to also automatically sync locally. 

If both of the settings are deactivated and your content still syncs to online instead of local, do make sure you have the latest version of the desktop app

You can also review the app's syncing icons, here, for reference. 

Let me know if this helps or if the issue persists - thanks!

Celeste
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Celeste Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?