cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Is there a way to recover my files from an inactive (for more than a year) account?

New member | Level 2

I logged into my dropbox account after more than a year of letting it sit idle. I didn't realize that could cause problems! When I logged in last week, all my filies with my pictures gone .  Is there a way to recover the files?

Tags (2)
3 Replies

Re: All my files gone

Super User II

You'll most likely be unable to recover any files, especially after more than a year.

Accounts that are inactive for more than a year are subject to deletion. When an account or the files within it are deleted due to inactivity, they cannot be recovered.

You can try contacting Support directly, but they may not be able to assist you.

Highlighted

DROPBOX DELETED MY SON! Please give me back what you deleted!

New member | Level 2

My dropbox account was deleted and I desperately need it all back. Please someone help. I had several pictures of me and my son at the park when I had just graduated boot camp! I never imagined losing those photos. I uploaded them in what I thought was a secure place, I was never made aware that dropbox would take it upon themselves to throw them away.

Re: DROPBOX DELETED MY SON! Please give me back what you deleted!

Dropboxer

Hello there @Marthiljohni, I'm sorry to hear about this!

So that I can have a better understanding of what exactly happened here, can you let me know a bit more info on this?

For example, was the account deleted by mistake or was the account inactive for a long period of time? In the latter case, did you receive an email that the account has already been closed?

Any other info you believe is relevant, please let me know and we'll go from there.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Is there a way to recover my files from an inactive (for more than a year) account?
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey