cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is there a way to recover my files if I've permanently delete them or if 30 days pass?

Is there a way to recover my files if I've permanently delete them or if 30 days pass?

idexterhd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Portuguese:

Se eu apagar um arquivo dos arquivos excluídos ou passar o prazo de 30 dias e ele ser apagado de lá também, esse arquivo ainda fica salvo em algum lugar? Algum banco de dados ou algo do tipo? Ou é excluído completamente de tudo e não há como recuperar? (it is written in English on)

English:

If I delete a file from the deleted files, or if the file is deleted within 30 days and it gets deleted from there too, is that file still saved somewhere? Any database or something? Or is it completely deleted from everything and there is no way to recover?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

English:

Hey @idexterhd, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

If you permanently delete a file or if it's past its recovery period, there's no option to restore it, as it's marked for permanent deletion in our system and then purged from our storage servers. You can find more info about this here

Give me a shout if you have any other questions. 

Portuguese:

Olá, @idexterhd, bem-vindo à comunidade Dropbox!

Se você excluir permanentemente um arquivo ou se o período de recuperação já tiver passado, não há opção para restaurá-lo, pois está marcado para exclusão permanente em nosso sistema e, em seguida, eliminado de nossos servidores de armazenamento. Você pode encontrar mais informações sobre isso aqui.

Dê um grito se você tiver outras perguntas.

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

idexterhd
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

If I delete a file from the deleted files, or if the file is deleted within 30 days and it gets deleted from there too, is that file still saved somewhere? Any database or something? Or is it completely deleted from everything and there is no way to recover?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

English:

Hey @idexterhd, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

If you permanently delete a file or if it's past its recovery period, there's no option to restore it, as it's marked for permanent deletion in our system and then purged from our storage servers. You can find more info about this here

Give me a shout if you have any other questions. 

Portuguese:

Olá, @idexterhd, bem-vindo à comunidade Dropbox!

Se você excluir permanentemente um arquivo ou se o período de recuperação já tiver passado, não há opção para restaurá-lo, pois está marcado para exclusão permanente em nosso sistema e, em seguida, eliminado de nossos servidores de armazenamento. Você pode encontrar mais informações sobre isso aqui.

Dê um grito se você tiver outras perguntas.

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Pikamander2
Super User
Go to solution

English:

@idexterhd - Dropbox's free plan only saves your deleted files for up to 30 days. If it's been longer than that, you can't recover them through Dropbox. If you have a Professional or Business account, then they're stored for a longer period.

If you have any old devices that synced with Dropbox at some point but haven't been turned on in a while, then the files might still be on them. In that case, you might be able to recover the files from them. The best way to do that would be with a USB cable so that you don't have to turn the device on, because doing so could cause it to sync and delete the files. If you have to turn the device on, then be sure to turn off your wi-fi router and enable airplane mode immediately to prevent it from syncing.

You can also use a program like Recuva (or a similar app if you use a mobile device) to attempt to restore deleted files. The longer it's been, the lower the chance of being able to successfully recover your files, but there's a solid chance that you might be able to. Give that a shot if you can't find them anywhere else.

Portuguese:

@idexterhd - O plano gratuito do Dropbox salva apenas os arquivos excluídos por até 30 dias. Se demorar mais do que isso, não será possível recuperá-los através do Dropbox. Se você tiver uma conta profissional ou comercial, elas serão armazenadas por um período maior.

Se você tiver algum dispositivo antigo que sincronizou com o Dropbox em algum momento, mas não foi ativado há algum tempo, os arquivos ainda podem estar neles. Nesse caso, você poderá recuperar os arquivos deles. A melhor maneira de fazer isso seria usando um cabo USB, para que você não precise ligar o dispositivo, pois isso pode fazer com que ele sincronize e exclua os arquivos. Se você precisar ligar o dispositivo, desligue o roteador wi-fi e ative o modo avião imediatamente para impedir a sincronização.

Você também pode usar um programa como o Recuva (ou um aplicativo semelhante se usar um dispositivo móvel) para tentar restaurar arquivos excluídos. Quanto mais tempo se passa, menor a chance de conseguir recuperar seus arquivos com êxito, mas há uma chance sólida de que você possa. Dê uma chance se você não conseguir encontrá-los em nenhum outro lugar.

Need more support?