Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Is there a way to restore deleted files/folders?

New member | Level 2

Is there a way to undeleted deleted files?

Tags (1)
7 Replies

Re: Deleted Folders

Dropboxer
Hey there (@sullysul13), it’s possible indeed; there is a 30-day window (or 120 days on a Business & Professional plan) when it comes to restorations & (in most cases) you can restore missing content on your account from your Deleted Files page, where you can monitor any file additions/ deletions/ edits in shared folders. If you’d like more information about file restorations, please have a look at the article linked on the first page of this resource. 

Once you get a chance to have a look at my pointers, please do let me know of your findings & I’ll do my best to check back with you on this discussion. Thanks for taking a bit of your time to keep me updated in a bit more detail on the matter! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hi Jane,

I currently have a basic account but I would like to recover files deleted more than 30 days ago (but less than 120 days ago). If I was to open a business account now, could I recover them?

Dropboxer
Hey @emilyannd0yle, sorry to hear about your missing files. Kindly bear in mind that version history can’t be applied retroactively & Dropbox can only restore files for 30 days after they're deleted from your account if you're currently working on a Basic account. Unfortunately, based on your description those files were deleted more than 30 days ago, so these aren’t on our servers any longer. 

I understand that this may not be ideal to you at the moment, however I hope it helps clarify matters to a certain extent! 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

Returning after nearly three years

New member | Level 2

I am looking to retrieve videos i uploaded approx 2 and a half years ago. Ive also not had a subscription for roughly the same time. The Folder is there but it is empty. If i subscribe again, will i be able to retieve those videos or are they gone for good now?

thanks

Re: Returning after nearly three years

Dropboxer
Hey @Oldtimer, from I gather from your description, your videos were deleted a long time ago & that’s the reason why I’ve moved your post here, so as to ping you to my previous replies on the matter above. To answer your question, let me re-iterate that if your files were removed from your Dropbox account that long ago, then there’s no way for us to recover them, as these have been permanently wiped from our servers.

Hopefully my message addresses your initial inquiry & please do let me know if you have further questions or just in case I’ve missed anything along the way, so as to further advise according. Thanks! 

Jane

New member | Level 2

ok thankyou. lucky i didnt simply subscribe only to find out it was all for naught. I tried to google the information, but nothing was clear. There was reports that indicated Dropbox "Never" delete , so at that point i still had hope. Even when i opened my Folder, there seemed to be flash images of the videos (ghost like images), which led me to believe they existed somewhere in the realm between here and there.

Thanks again.

Dropboxer
I understand that it’s not ideal to you @Oldtimer, however it’s true that Dropbox wouldn’t delete your files without your input. From what you’ve been describing us here, I’m afraid that our hands are tied on this matter. 

Even so, we’re always here in case you have any follow-up Dropbox-related feedback & we’ll do our best to check back with you. Thanks again for checking in with us on the Community! 

Jane

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Is there a way to restore deleted files/folders?
7 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey