Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

It seems like the Dropbox application on my desktop is constantly syncing. What should I do?

Helpful | Level 5

Hello, 

All of the sudden this morning ALL my files are suncing and not making progress.  I was all up to that now it's all messed up. I am so discourage.  It says I have over 500K files syncing.  Please help

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Re Syncing

Dropboxer
Hey there (@SophieB ), thanks for taking the time to drop us a line on the Dropbox Community on this matter, let’s look into that a bit more closely together; I hope you’ve had a great Monday so far! 

As an initial step, can you make sure that you’re running the latest stable version of the application on your pc (63.4.107), you’ve made all OS updates & you’re not using Symlinks? It’s also advisable to make sure Dropbox is syncing correctly on your system tray/ menu bar, as below: 

More information

system-tray.pngmenu-bar.png 
That essentially means that once you hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon, you’ll see the syncing status (eg. Up-To-Date, Indexing &c). You can also have a look at the overlay icons on your device Arrows Counter Clock/White check mark. Do they appear as expected?  

Now, if I were in your shoes, I’d try unlinking & relinking my account to my desktop once (as it recreates the local database) & reboot once & see if this amends the behavior. 

If this persists for you, I’d appreciate a screenshot (omitting personal info) of what you’re seeing in your next post here, so as to get a better idea of what’s happening.

You may give my suggestion a go whenever you find some spare time & please do let me know how you get on with that on this conversation here. Thanks & I’m wishing you a fruitful week ahead Sophie!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 5

Thank you.  Seems like this did the trick after a day of frustrations!  I appreciate the input

Dropboxer
Perfect Sophie (@SophieB), happy to hear it’s sorted for you now & thanks a lot for looping back to me on the progress!

We’re always just a post away in case you have further inquiries or thoughts in the future, so don't hesitate to reach back out here at any time. Again, thanks for posting your question on our Forum & I hope you have a lovely New Year ahead! Unicorn

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

One of my devices cannot sync. What can I do?

New member | Level 2

The files not be synchronous with the files in the site of drofabox.
How can I solve the problem?

Re: One of my devices cannot sync. What can I do?

Dropboxer
Hey there (@yanivnesher), I’m wishing you the best for the New Year that’s just started; I'd happily furter advise you on the matter!

Based on your description, you’re facing a syncing issue, so I’ve moved your post under this discussion, in order to ping you on my previous reply to Sophie that did the trick for her (despite the initial description of teh discrepancy is slightly different). Please have a look at my suggestions & pointers at your convenience & let me know how my hints work for you whenever you get a chance. Thanks for getting in touch on the Community & I’ll be awaiting your next reply! 

Jane

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

It seems like the Dropbox application on my desktop is constantly syncing. What should I do?
5 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post