Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

Large Files Not able to be uploaded

Helpful | Level 5

Hi ,

I have 1TB of space on dropbox of which i have used 3GB.  I have spent 3 days unsuccesfuly trying to up load a large video file (700Mb).  Each time i get an error saying connection dropped.  My upload speed isn't great, about 1Mb.sec.  But i've had worse while vacationing in Europe last year and the files alwas uploaded.

I have no issues uploading the file to Onedrive and google drive today. So the issue is with dropbox.  How can i resole this ?  The is no point paying fo a service i cant use for the one thing i need it for.

Erick

Tags (2)
10 Replies

Re: Large Files Not able to be uploaded

Dropboxer

Hey there Erick - sorry to hear about this.

First off, I have to ask, have you tried any other browser other than the one you used already? An incognito window ( for Chrome) or private browsing mode ( for Mozilla Firefox and Safari) maybe? I'd also clear my browser's cache in this case - it might do the trick for you so give it a go as well please.

If you still get the error you mentioned, please send me a screenshot so I can have a visual as well. 

In addition, if I were you, I would also reboot my computer and my router too since sometimes resetting or retrying your connection gets you a different route and better speeds (which is out of our control). 

Alternatively you can use our desktop application to upload these files (simply by moving/copying them into your Dropbox Folder). The desktop application can handle any number of files so this should work for you if all of my previous suggestions prove fruitless. 

In any case, please keep me posted @ericktreetops!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

How do I use the Dropbox desktop application? I have downloaded Dropbox and it is in my browser, but there is no folder on my desktop in which to drop files. What do I need to do, step by step please, to get Dropbox desktop ap up and running? 

Dropboxer

Assuming that your device meets our minimum requirements, all you'd need to do is download (and install) it through the following page @Blakberrycrunch

http://dropbox.com/downloading

Let me know if you have any more questions and welcome to our Community too!

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Helpful | Level 5
Thanks. Didn't work so cancelled my subscription half a year ago. Why are you sending me notifications when im no longer a member?

Erick

Helpful | Level 5
Why do I need a current login to reply to this notification? If im no longer a member how can i tell you to stop bugging me.

Fix your system please.

Dropboxer

You can follow the 'Unsubscribe' link within the email notification you get @ericktreetops.

Or else, click on the ellipsis button on the top right corner of your post and click on the 'Unsubscribe' button to stop getting updates about this. 

On a side note, cancelling an account's subscription does not equal deleting the account and as you tried to access our Community you got prompted to sign into your Dropbox account - that's normal.

I hope this helps clear things up Eric.  

Walter

New member | Level 2

I cannot upload any files or create any folders. I have tried Chrome & IE with no success.

Can you please help? I get the Upload Error and there was a server error in the request. I've had this for at least 2 weeks now.

Thank you!

Dropboxer

I'm sorry for the late reply @ebez - are you still having issues with uploading files to your Dropbox account?

If so, can you please try to clear your browser's cache, an incognito window or even a completely different browser with no extensions or plugins running and let me know if you get the same results?

If you do, kindly forward me a screenshot of the exact error you get so I can investigate further.

Thanks in advance and welcome to the Community!

Walter

New member | Level 2

Walter, 

Your solution did not work for me. I have 2GB of storage and I'm trying to upload a 139MB file in .MOV format. I cleared my cache prior to upload and used an Incognito browser in Chrome. I would forward you a screenshot, but I'm working with client data that I want to keep private. Here is what happens: after I start uploading the file approximately 15% of the file uploads within 10 seconds then it appears that upload stops. After approximately 10 minutes an upload error pops up saying that "Something went wrong with the file. Check your connection to the internet and try again."

To test my internet connection I went to other webpages and had no speed issues. Are there any other things I should check?

-Mike

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Large Files Not able to be uploaded
10 Replies
3 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post