cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Large Files Not able to be uploaded

Large Files Not able to be uploaded

JulieLubi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello

I have 8 large MPG files, roughly around 70G each.  I've downloaded Dropbox onto my desktop PC and have been transferring the filesfrom my external drive into the Dropbox folder on my computer.  Apparently they do not automatically upload to my shareable Dropbox folder.

When I try to then drag the files onto Dropbox online, it tells me the files are too large.  Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on?

I've already paid 100 bucks for the year!  Please help.

14 Replies 14

tomatpcb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dropbox Preferences.png

Whoops, nevermind, found the Preferences command.  Thanks again!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Just to clarify, that's not a message from Dropbox, but from your operating system. Windows is telling you that you don't have enough space.

If you need to move your Dropbox folder to a new drive, you can do it from Preferences.

NolaRN
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Me , too.  Has anyone switched providers.   My file is 156mb.   I'vee tried 4 times.  I need to get this uploaded. 

adrianoleto
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have repeatedly to load a 1.9gb file and it keeps interupting and getting stuck.  I have been trying how for two days and dozens of time.  I try drag and drop into the website or do an upload using choose file.  Neither method works.  Sad. Frustrating.  I have been a dropbox user for years and I don't really understand what is happeing.  

Coffin
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have been attempting to upload a Final Cut file (quicktime 6.95 G) and after several successes, (that do show and were of the same size) I cannot upload my final version. It shows as uploaded and takes the obvious lengthy period of time to do so, but when it is 'done' it will not play. Sometimes it shows that it is reading the file  in the counter on the bottom of the window) but not showing it. I have attempted uploading from several places (draging onto the dropbox window , uploading it using the upoad file button, exporting it from quicktime to dropbox... all appear to work but nothing plays ....

Need more support?