Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Highlighted

Loading photos onto my husband's drop box account

New member | Level 2

My husband is paying for a large amount of space on dropbox.  We each take photos and download them on our separate computers.  I would like to view his pictures stored on drop box and I would like to load my pictures onto his drop box so he can see my photos.  Do I need to buy the same amount of  dropbox space on my computer?  Or am I able to upload and download photos and files stored on his dropbox?  

Im not sure whaat I need to select for labels

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: Loading photos onto my husband's drop box account

Dropboxer
Hey @patricia b.28, the ”Share” label is more than accurate, as your inquiry pertains to how you could go about sharing between accounts- thanks for checking in with us for advice on this matter by the way! 🤓

Kindly note that an upgrade on one account doesn't apply to other accounts (that is unless you're working on a Dropbox Business team, where members share a quota pool), however it’s up to you to upgrade depending on your needs. Nonetheless, I’d happily advise on how you could get going with the photo upload using your current setup & we’ll take it from there.

At the moment Patricia, your best bet would be asking your husband to send you a View-only shared link  🔗 to your photos (which shouldn't take up any space on your account online). Anything added over time will be reflected on your end, so you’ll be able to see any recent uploads when you re-load the shared link. 

Following, you can add photos to his account in return through a File Request. (Tip: I’ve also created this walkthrough, which could point both of you towards the right direction.)

Hopefully my message brings a bit of clarity & provides you a useful alternative; please let me know how my suggestion works for you or in case you need further assistance in any way. Thanks for checking in with us on the Community! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Sharing a subfolder

New member | Level 2

Hello! I have  Dropbox Plus account and my business partner too. We share a big folder with all the business.

We need to share a subfolder (administration folder) with an intern who is on a free plan.

Is there a way we can do it? thanks!

Laura

Re: Sharing a subfolder

Dropboxer
Hey @Laurasanvito, from what I gather from your description, you’d merely like to grant your intern visibility of the share on the sub-folder level without affecting their account allowance, am I right in my assumption? 

If so, then it would be best if you followed my suggestion to the OP on my reply above. Would you mind checking how you get on with my advice Laura & let me know if that helps you achieve what you had in mind initially? Thanks!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Loading photos onto my husband's drop box account
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post