Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Looking up missing files in event page

New member | Level 2

Hi there,

This weekend we discovered that a large amount of photo's (mostly old ones) are missing. I read a lot of the articles and forum, but I still don't find the missing folders. I don't know since when the photo's have been missing.

I checked deleted files, but it's empty. I checked the event page, but there is so much info that I would that forever to search there: I tried to search using CTRL-F, but it only hits lines that are visible on my screen, not the ones that are 'hidden' with scrollbar. I did load them, but he doesn't find anything using CTRL-F. Are there any other options or tricks to search in the large amount of events?

I tried IE and Chrome for this action.

3 Replies

Re: Looking up missing files in event page

Dropboxer
Hey @MSN1, I’m wondering if you’ve tried looking up for your missing files on the Search box  🔍 on the top-right hand corner of your Account online by any chance. I’m merely asking, as your files may have been moved or stored under a different directory instead of deleted. From there, can you clarify if the missing files were located within a shared folder by any chance? If so, can you navigate on your Events page again & click on the drop-down 🔽 menu on the right side of the page under All Events & see if this helps you narrow down the available actions? 

From there, it would be worth noting that the dates for events by default retain up to 6 months in the calendar view. If you would like to see events outside of the 6 month time frame you will need to have previously added either extended version history or unlimited version history to your account.

Nonetheless, if you’re still unable to locate your missing content, please let me know here & I’ll make sure to reach out to you directly on my end, so as to check back on the info I have on my tools. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Hi Jane,

I already searched online with the search-box, but no results (not the right results) and it weren't shared folders.

The drop-down-menu shows only a few options and none of them are helping (wrong locations are shown), I have to search through the whole list. 

I tried to look in the history manual, but there have been to much mutations to search manuely.

Dropboxer
Thanks for the speedy reply @MSN1! As I’d like to expedite matters as much as I can on my end, I’ve sent you a brief message through our Official Support channel, just in order to check back on the info I have on file on my tools. 

Please have a look at your inbox whenever you have a bit of spare time & we’ll take it from there. Thanks again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Looking up missing files in event page
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post