Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Lost scanned documents that were "waiting for upload". Any way to get them back?

Level 2

For the past several MONTHS I've had lots and lots of documents I've scanned in using my iPhone that were stuck in a "Waiting to upload" queue. 

I searched and searched for a solution (like I don't have a 1000 things better to do) and found a solution that said sign out and sign back in. 

Well I did that and now my queue is empty and all my files that were waiting for upload are gone. 

I've since thrown away a lot of those receipts, is there any way to get these files back? 

10 Replies

Re: Lost scanned documents that were "waiting for upload". Any way to get them back?

Super User II
The upload queue is just your Camera Roll, so, as long as you've not deleted them from there they will auto upload as soon as you open the app up.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Lost scanned documents that were "waiting for upload". Any way to get them back?

Level 2

These were files I created in the DropBox app by clicking on the + and using the Scan Document option. They're not showing up in the Camera roll at all. 

Super User II
Ah, hmm.

I'm stumped then... lets see if I can hunt anything out.

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Super User II
I'm afraid they are unrecoverable :(

Myself and another Super User have been playing around and deleting/unlinking etc. removes all files within the app.

Sorry :(

Level 2

I cannot fathom why Dropbox would build their app in that way. That represents LOTS of hours and many many deductions I simply won't be claiming this year. 

I'm just about fed up with Dropbox's service after this. 

Level 2

Well just scanned 3 documents which are stuck in queue ("Waiting to upload") . And trashed the originals... How do I get the queue running without a risk of losing the scans? Tried to reboot the app and phone (iOS 10.2.1, Dropbox 36.2). This is REALLY frustrating!

Level 2

Whatever you do, DON'T logout. 

Tap on each pending item and see if you can download it to your phone before you try the logout fix 

Level 2

I solved this problem when I enabled camera uploads - problem is it uploads the photos, too. which I wanted to avoid.

need the relaunch though and scan all documents again.

Level 2

I found that I needed to upload the scans while logged into the Owner account (it was a shared file). When I tried to do the scans while logged into the "can edit" account, the files got stuck in the que and never uploaded.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Lost scanned documents that were "waiting for upload". Any way to get them back?
10 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post