Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Mac padlock on old Business Team Folder / Can't create new folders

Explorer | Level 3

Hi recently downgraded from Business to Plus, keeping my Team Folder with all my client files intact. Now I see a padlock through Mac Finder on all my client folders and files in that Team Folder and cannot create new folders within those client folders. I am the admin of the account. On dropbox.com that Team Folder shows me and one other person as 'members'. Why is Dropbox not considering me the original creator of that Team Folder and allowing me to continue editing? What's the issue and solution? Checked around on cloud version and nothing I can do from a sharing perspective as I already am part of the group accessing the Team Folder (as a member of course).

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Mac padlock on old Business Team Folder / Can't create new folders

Dropboxer

Hey there @hzambran

Could you please clarify for me if you're able to see the sharing permissions of the folder in question that you and the other member have?

Additionally, could you please let me know if you see a padlock icon on the folder when you navigate to it through the website?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Did you get my response? Yes I can see the shared folder details. 

The padlock is on both the desktop and cloud. had written much more but didn't save so I'm being terse now.

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me on this, @hzambran

In order to have a better look onto this matter, and due to account-specific info required, I've sent you a ticket to the email address connected to your Community profile. 

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my message. Cheers!

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

what i ultimately did was delete the team. that converted the folder to a shared folder but it also flattened it which will require work. The sub folders are generally there but if anyone within the team folder had shared something with me or I had with them, it is now a shared folder and has to be organized again. there really needs to be clearer documentation on this. 

Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping me in the loop, @hzambran

Glad to hear that you were able to work around this, and if there's anything we can help or if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to give us a nudge. 

In the meantime, have a lovely weekend ahead!

Lusil

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Mac padlock on old Business Team Folder / Can't create new folders
5 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post