Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Microsoft Outlook Web App File Attachment Issues

New member | Level 2

Hi there

I am a first time poster and long time user of dropbox.  I never had this issue before, but recently when I am trying to attach a hard copy file (not a link) to my work emails via Microsoft Web App, it does not show my drop box files when I look in the folder through the attachment window.  I know the files are there because I can see them in my file explorer and am still able to attach them using my telus.net personal email.

I am really hoping there is a simple solution for this as it only recently has become an issue.  It is becoming frustrating to have to copy the direct file to another folder on my PC just to be able to attach the file to my work emails.  Please help :(

2 Replies

Re: Microsoft Outlook Web App File Attachment Issues

Super User II

This isn't a Dropbox issue as Dropbox has no control over what options are available when you try to attach a file. Dropbox is nothing more than a folder on your computer, like any other folder. If "Dropbox" isn't displayed as an option in the attachment window, then you'll need to navigate through your drive to the actual Dropbox folder (C:\Users\[username]\Dropbox, by default) and select it that way.

Highlighted

Re: Microsoft Outlook Web App File Attachment Issues

Super User
If this is O365, your site admin needs to enable this feature. If this is just simply outlook.com, you have to make sure you've connected the Dropbox service. You can locate that setting when you click on Attach in an email. The option to connect to various services will be listed. If not, there's a link at the bottom that says "Accounts and Options" that will lead you to the right place.
Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Microsoft Outlook Web App File Attachment Issues
2 Replies
2 Likes