Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Missing Dropbox links 2019 - Users get 404 error

New member | Level 2

My Company is using business dropbox. I simply went away for holidays as i have come back there have been many dropbox links that I have created that have simply gone missing. files and folders remain, but the share links are gone. Please do not tell me the links were set to expire this is not the case. The last time we had this issue it was because we deleted a team member and it scrubbed links they created. I created these new links and am still an active member. I cannot figure out why this is happening.

Any advice on why this is happening just within the new year and how to prevent in the future.

Tags (1)
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Missing Dropbox links 2019 - Users get 404 error

Dropboxer

Hey there @Onward585 - can you confirm that the files to which your shared links were pointing to have not been deleted from your Dropbox folder?

Shared links will break if the file has been deleted from its Dropbox folder. Please check to see that the file is still located in your Dropbox folder. You can look at your deleted files on the following page: https://www.dropbox.com/deleted_files

Please also be aware that there is a 20GB daily limit on link traffic for Basic accounts, and a 200GB daily limit for paid accounts. Exceeding this limit will disable your shared links as well. 

In any case, keep me posted on your findings and happy New Year!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Missing Dropbox links 2019 - Users get 404 error

New member | Level 2

Thanks, it looks like we were hitting limit.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Missing Dropbox links 2019 - Users get 404 error
2 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey